PDA

View Full Version : 2 New Problems...

1995clio16v
04-03-2008, 19:49
Ok,

2 new problems have arisen over the last day if you could help me out. 2nd one is of most concern to me...

1 - The 'unlock all doors and boot' button from the inside (cant remember what its called lol!) doesnt work to unlock the boot. Why?? Solenoid or something gone shagged?

2 - Yesterday, when it was wet, cold and starting to hail/snow ive developed the following and I think it may be electrical, and personally think the weather had something to do with this, or maybe coincidence. I know it may seem like a daft post but maybe its happened to one of yous

Basically there started a deafeningly loud crackling coming from the nearside front of the car, dash area. It was kind of like, waw, what the **** is that when I first heard it. It may be the immobiliser? It is like something is scratching real loud on sandpaper, and I mean real loud?

At first I thought stereo, nope, isnt, then i thought wipers with grit stuck in, catching on the windscreen.

Also when Im in a real low gear there's a real loud whining, when in lower gears i.e 1st/2nd taking it slow all the way up the revs. It isnt the clutch or g/box before anyone says it might be that.

I think the loud scratching noise and this are linked.

Any ideas?? Im just a bit concerned as to what it may be.

As I said I think it may be electrical but its over me as to what it may be. It may sound like a real stupid question but hopefully it may have happened to someone else to give me pointers..

Cheers
Leigh

drsmith1979
04-03-2008, 21:41
have you checked your gearbox and engine mounts? does your gear lever move excessively when pulling away and letting off the gas?

have you checked the inner arch linings to see if they are rubbing on the wheels? sometimes the clips come loose and they can catch at certain points

Daz.
05-03-2008, 07:50
1 - mine did that turned out to be a fuse under the glovebox - fook knows which though!

2 - erm your on your own!