PDA

View Full Version : Putting it back together..

paush
03-03-2008, 00:21
I'm slowly putting my williams 2 back together after 3 years and im starting to remember most of it, but im sure im going to have loads of silly questions that i hope you lot can help with :wink: Heres a few to start me off lol

First of all, im trying to work out which plastic clips go on that metal bracket that shields the fuel hoses from the engine. Im sure theres two of them that hold the three hoses for feed, return and vent (im lobbing the canister). Can anyone confirm that please? Also, am i right in thinking that it bolts to the inner wing with the hoses sandwiched behind it?

Secondly, i remember chucking some SERIOUSLY rusted clips that hold the radiator fan support bracket to the radiator.. can't see these on dialogys so just wondered if anyone had a part number or could describe them so i can see if they exist on the PR SCREW section of dialogys?

Lastly, is anyone breaking a valver or williams and have the plastic radiator cover (that flat pack looking thing that clips together) that directs the airflow, someones attacked mine with a knife in a previous life, probably a poor attempt at making the shitty k&n do something useful. If so PM me with details.

Would appreciate any help, cheers!

Coops
03-03-2008, 00:23
the fuel lines dont go in that metal bracket mate, the two plastic clips carry the breather your on about and the headlight adjusters, the fuel lines have their own plastic runner cage that is part of the middle cam belt plastic cover below the metal top cover that serves as part of the top engine mount

paush
03-03-2008, 00:30
Ahhh ok

So do those plastic clips go into that bracket im talking about, because they look a perfect fit and im sure i took them off there before cleaning the bracket up? And am i right in thinking that bracket goes over the fuel lines after they've been clipped on the inner wing?

Cheers

Wobba
03-03-2008, 09:52
You are thinking of the metal shiels that sits on a ledge under the main engine mount and next to the intermediate campulley cover. I am pretty sure they have hoseclip in the rectangular metal shield, yes. There are I think, 2 screws and washers that hold it in place, maybe three. I'll have to have a look later.

Also, the seriously rusted clips that sit at the bottom of the radiator and help secure the cooling fan always rust very badly from what I can tell, and many easily break when the rad/fan is removed. They are very simple flat metal pressure clips, and I reckon you could probably find alternatives in a DIY store.

When I have time I'll see if I can pop out the back and take a pic of one.

MatBrown
03-03-2008, 20:22
I have the radiator shroud.

Mat.

paush
03-03-2008, 21:35
You have PM 8)

Coops
03-03-2008, 23:59
there should be 2 green or red plastic clips, they slot into the metal bracket that bolts to the chassis rail on the inner wing, these clips carry the headlight adjuster cables in one side and the vac hose breather from the charcoal canister in the other as said

the fuel lines are held to the inner wing with a metal wrap around screw type clip lower down at the back of the bay then they run up past the cambelt covers between there and the bracket your on about. they dont go behind it no, they should have their own plastic moulded runners that they clip into mate