PDA

View Full Version : wheelspinning!!!

105epwr
02-03-2008, 22:10
Had a trackday today in my willy trackcar,cams verniers etc it blew the diff by dinertime (well pissed off)basically what was happening when coming out of 2 hairpins in 2nd or 3rd gear its spinning the front wheel (1 wheel)like **** (with slicks)and i think i melted the planet gears
does any one else on here have excessive wheelspin coming out of tight corners on trackdays?
i no the answer is a lsd but there well expensive!

cheers

richy
02-03-2008, 22:26
i did the full donington circuit the other day and on both hairpins there i got wheel spin coming out of the corner and that was with slicks too, no problems with the box though!

105epwr
02-03-2008, 22:36
oh right,ive not long had the car so dont no the history of the g/box,my valver was fine ater a trackday a while ago at rockingham!

richy
02-03-2008, 22:42
tbh i have had previous problems with the diff but bought a new box from renault and its pretty much only done trackdays and still holding up ok, although i am looking into a LSD and full uprated rebuild!

105epwr
03-03-2008, 14:35
i dont no what route to go down with lsd etc,i rang cambridge motorsport today the do a thing called a phantom gripper which semi locks the diffs planet gears but they tried one on a clio diff but had issues with the tapper bearings and the off centre diff so it didnt work-what a shame as there only 200quid!
how much was the g/box from renault?

richy
03-03-2008, 21:43
£600 odd with discount, im looking at gripper diff tbh, wont have to worry about the diff clips popping no more too! :lol: