PDA

View Full Version : breaks, tires, coilovers

valver_Karl
02-03-2008, 18:02
hi everyone. in the next few months im putting throttle bodies on my f7r engine, the engine has had everything done to it,

was just wondering what will be the ideal breaks to use, also the best tires, and an all round decent set of coilovers. i was thinking of the avo coilovers on the group buy, but wot are ur point of views?

i hopefully be running 215-220bhp

valver_Karl
04-03-2008, 20:03
come on people!

drsmith1979
04-03-2008, 21:39
i think people are waiting for you to do a search before jumping in, these are question that get asked about 3000 times a week, so you have to appreciate that people get a little sick of saying the same old shite lol...

personally i like Avo's, had them on my old fiesta 2.1 ZVH and they have a good customer service and rebuild department. Brakes? well the standard set up is adequate, just get some new calipers, racing fluid and some race pads, ferrodo DS2500 or pagid fast road etc... more than ample

tires are subjective, some say expensive race tyres i.e .toyo R888's, but if you are tracking it, get a set of wheels and some half used slicks. i like parada's and a539s but other people hate them, i personally dont like toyos but as i have said its a very subjective area!

Daz.
05-03-2008, 07:53
Brakes - standard refurbed setup with higher spec calipers

Tyres - Whatever suits you best I doubt anyone on here has had every single current tyre on the market on their car, so the 'best' tyre is irrelevant, also depends on what size your going for the 'best' tyre in one size can also be a dog in another size.

Suspension - standard 'brand new' willy setup