PDA

View Full Version : Golf gone, got some parts

Scougar
28-02-2008, 22:00
Hi chaps,

Got rid of the golf 1.8 gl tonight. Went to a stock car racer to stick in a VR6 engine in it (some drunk guy crashed it at 130mph whilst on the phone on the motorway!).

Think I may pop along and see the guy race as it sounds like its gonna be mental!

On the plus side I have a free garage now to stick a new car in, hopefully will be getting some new lights and fog lights and a 5th alloy wheel with tyre from a valver (and a jack retainer lol). Will see what else he has as well as he has 3 valvers.

Matthew

doug2.0
01-03-2008, 19:14
stock car? i thought these had to be a carb engine? my mate built one from an old honda, he wanted to use his fiesta but couldnt as it was injection

number1
01-03-2008, 19:30
Ive got a feeling you can use injection in stock's but not bangers, things are progressing and more and more cars nowadays have injection so they had to bring it in

Dave

Scougar
01-03-2008, 21:03
He did say that they are not meant to use modified engines, but if you get an engine of any type that is original you can use it in any shell.

He has an astra mk1 front on a valver to make access easier, and steel wheels with extra welded steel lips to protect the tyres.

He races just down the road from me, so will go have a look. Might see what it takes to do this as lack of proper race tracks in the south west :(

Matthew

Scougar
02-03-2008, 21:10
Cool, the guy that took my golf offered use of his trailer, and I have just won an RX7 on ebay (360026969641). It's left hand drive but will be a bit of a project car.

With me selling the clio soon, this means I'll be taking the bus to work :(

Matthew