PDA

View Full Version : Head is off for refurb.

Wobba
27-02-2008, 10:12
Should get a nice shiney fixed skimmed cleaned etc head back soon. The man said it has been well looked after for a car of that age as the internals of the engine were in very good condition!

Cant wait to get it back for my rebuilding :)

white16valver
27-02-2008, 13:03
Woooo :D

Anticipation is good but can get annoying after a while! lol

Wobba
27-02-2008, 13:14
Ye!

I hope it wont take too long, and I hope they give it a degreasing treatment too! they are going to sort out my stuck manifold bolts and rounded allot bolt on the thermostat housing...tried everything getting that bastard off!

I am having the valves lapped and reseated and new seals and stem guides done etc and tested and skimmed, plus degunked around the inlet manifold etc.

It's good to get someones opinion of the engine internals, he reckoned it was one of the best condition engines he had seen for a car that age!

Justin..
27-02-2008, 13:14
good stuff wobba, you got a torque wrench? your going to need it come rebuild tme

Wobba
27-02-2008, 13:16
good stuff wobba, you got a torque wrench? your going to need it come rebuild tme

I got one! Never been used.

I think Im going to have problems remember where all the bolts go lol. I took loads of pics but some of them I took off weeks ago hehe!

white16valver
27-02-2008, 13:19
You'll get the engine in and started then be standing there with a handful of bolts, scratching your head and saying "well where the fook do these go then?" LoL :lol:

Wobba
27-02-2008, 13:24
You'll get the engine in and started then be standing there with a handful of bolts, scratching your head and saying "well where the fook do these go then?" LoL :lol:

Yea lol, I have been warned about this already haha! Theres bolts, screws and washers all over my house.... :roll:

MicKPM
27-02-2008, 13:52

They're just the spares Renault give you... durrrr :D

Always put things back where they came from

Wobba
27-02-2008, 13:57

Always put things back where they came from

Im ****ed then!