PDA

View Full Version : Peeps who have sprayed their boot floor...

Daz.
25-02-2008, 00:35
I'm not sure where to go with it - I'm going to remove all the rusty bits and imperfections and spray it blue but I'm not sure how to do it...

I don't really want to remove the tar as its a standard car and I'd prefer to leave it as it is but theres a few bits that need tarting up on it..

Can you really get a good finish with a brush? (blue hammerite or something silimar to standard.

How would it look if I got some 449 blue in a rattle can - do you reckon I could get a good finish myself?

Does it go everywhere?

In an ideal world I'd remove the tar paint the whole thing and re-apply some new sound deadening but I'm not sure I'd do it well or do it enough so its quiet again...

What would you suggest?

Bayliss
25-02-2008, 00:40
well i got a good finish daz but i got all tar up before i did it

Daz.
25-02-2008, 00:42
With a brush or a rattle fella?

I might just do the latter and put down new proofing - maybe some sort of matting that can be removed easily and quickly?

Bayliss
25-02-2008, 00:45
using a paint brush and some hammerwrite smooth black, when i goto see car tomorrow i'll get a picture of floor tomorrow

Daz.
25-02-2008, 00:53
Cheers fella - I'm thinking maybe removing it first is the way to go..

stan
25-02-2008, 08:57
get a rattle can made up, degrease the area, spray, piece of piss! will get a much nicer finnish than with brush, and not as messy.

drsmith1979
25-02-2008, 18:41
Daz, do you mean the inside of the car or underneath where the spare should sit?

Daz.
25-02-2008, 19:04
The inside fella from the back of the boot to the beginning of the carpet.

northy
25-02-2008, 19:07
you can get some more tar and stick it down daz, its only sound deading. Once you start on that rear section in the boot floor i bet u end up dropping that aux tank :wink: Looks like a common place for them to go as they get clogged up with mud.

Daz.
25-02-2008, 19:19
Well its gonna be done properly after all this is a long term car and I don't fancy ripping out the interior every other month! :lol: