PDA

View Full Version : rear ended

doug2.0
23-02-2008, 19:34
had it on the road since January, stopped at a zebra crossing behind another car on a hill and bang, some woman in a shitroen pluriel smashed into the back of me.
after her saying 'oh my little car a few times' and me battling my temper, then telling hetr never mind her hardly damaged shitroen, what about my new williams that ive waited 3 years for and only been driving 2 months!!

after swapping details and her wanting it 50-50 (as it 'wasnt her fault it was the ice and the non slip coating' that made her not leave enough stopping difference )

so my cars getting fixed, sooner rather than later hopefully, exhaust is bent and all bumper brackets are pushed in sad

1 month ago

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/doug123_2006/5f0e6372.jpg

now
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/doug123_2006/edit.jpg

so gutted :cry: :cry:

just a question is the tail gate supposed to be this far in, in relation to the light? i cant remember how it used to look

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/doug123_2006/DSC01868.jpg

Jamie.
23-02-2008, 19:38
bad luck is that.

Just be glad it isnt a write off

doug2.0
23-02-2008, 19:44
yeah definatly, could you have a look at your car for me and tell me if the tailgate and strip sits more flush with the lights please, something just doesnt look right to me but im not sure?

Jamie.
23-02-2008, 19:56
i think i have some pics that i will send u if u want?

number1
23-02-2008, 19:56
there seems to be a spate of it at the moment, marc on c16vr has just had the back of his done, days after someone pushed all the side in, As for her wanting 50-50 is she stupid? she ran up the back of you, failed to stop in time 100% her fault! tailgate looks pretty unscathed apart from the strip mate, hope you get it repaired quickly and properly

Jamie.
23-02-2008, 19:59
Yeh does look ok tbh. Doesnt look ill spaced.

I have some pics but just looks same as yours.

Msn is clio_williams3@hotmail.com if you want me to send them.

Coops
23-02-2008, 20:01
erm, 50/50? i think not, if someones goes into the back of you its pretty much their fault in all situations no matter what mate so take her to the cleaners. well so long as ur brake lights were working

Jamie.
23-02-2008, 20:05
I thought it always the drivers behind fault.

Irrespective of what happens.

It what way can you have caused that? Drop ball bearings out of your bond style rear armoury.

Just tell her to get bent and your just submitting your story to the insurance.

Dont let her **** you over this.

number1
23-02-2008, 20:08
If you got a number ask her how she intends settling it, if she starts whinging about 50-50 then say your going to ring your insurance company after a visit to the hospital, that'll put the s**t's up her!

kenny
23-02-2008, 21:02
Go througth ins co anyway, Have you reported it yet? use her words against her, if she knew it was icy and the road has a slipery surface then she should have taken those conditions into account, if you had managed to stop behind another vehicle, so should she have. Her fault 100%.

Swervin_Mervin
23-02-2008, 21:19
It can't be 50/50. Iwas shunted on the motorway and the guy was insured with Direct Line like me. DL immedaitely just declared it as his fault.

I do, however, have a mate that was once sat at lights, facing downhill, and someone ran in to the back of him. That eventually went to court as the guy refused to admit full liability, claiming my mate rolled backwards (yes, rolled backwards, up a hill!). Took my mate nearly 2yrs to get the decision in his favour. :roll:

doug2.0
23-02-2008, 21:36
nah she was just saying that it wasnt entirely her fault it was the ice etc, theres no way she would get 50-50, as soon as my insurance company contacted hers, i got a phone call from enterprise rent a car offering me a courtesy car on her companies behalf.

mine tried to get me to pay my £700 excess until liability was established, i said id rather wait to get it repaired than shell that cash out, even if i was to get it back.

been to the hospital as well as the old whiplash kicked in on the second day.

it was totally her fault thats why i was so pissed off, if she was paying enough attention and wasnt up my arse then it would have been avoided.
and my car sustained more damage than hers and, all she could say was how her number plate was cracked!! :roll:

Daz.
23-02-2008, 22:28
new rear lights and bootstrip though - lucky lad!! :wink:

Jamie.
23-02-2008, 22:30
been to the hospital as well as the old whiplash kicked in on the second day.

:wink:

Wobba
23-02-2008, 22:50
Forgive me if I am wrong, but if you rear end someone isn't it pretty much automatically their fault except in extenuating circumstances, like a FUKING EARTHQUAKE or something?

number1
23-02-2008, 23:18
or if your car rolled backwards uphill into the car that was sat behind you!! ive heard it all now!! FPMSL!!!!!!!!!

Swervin_Mervin
24-02-2008, 00:14
or if your car rolled backwards uphill into the car that was sat behind you!! ive heard it all now!! FPMSL!!!!!!!!!

Good eh? :lol:

I couldn't believe it went on for nearly 2yrs. :shock:

ClioDan87
24-02-2008, 00:37
No matter the circumstances its always the driver who has frontal damage as apposed to rear damage that is to blame

Even if you are sitting at traffic lights and a car hits you and you hit the one in front, you are still to blame for hitting the car in front!

Once the claim is settled it turns against the furthest driver back!
But initially the insurance company would say you didnt leave enough space at the lights!

FATBOY
24-02-2008, 03:49
ice my arse!!!! its not cold enough for ice now!!! is it??? williams with white wheels!!!!! shocking!!! :shock: :wink:

get it fixed soon as!!!!

seanofnp
24-02-2008, 13:18
No matter the circumstances its always the driver who has frontal damage as apposed to rear damage that is to blame

Even if you are sitting at traffic lights and a car hits you and you hit the one in front, you are still to blame for hitting the car in front!

Once the claim is settled it turns against the furthest driver back!
But initially the insurance company would say you didnt leave enough space at the lights!

Thats not entirely accurate, if someone hits you at traffic lights and it causes a knock on effect and several cars are damaged, its the the person who originally shunted the first persons fault and their insurance company WILL pay out for damage to all vehicles damaged due to their customers fault.

ClioDan87
24-02-2008, 14:45
I thought that they say pending enquirey?

Im sure that was the case at the direct line bodyshop i worked for!? :?

titcharoony
24-02-2008, 15:03
what are you all talking about. my girlfriend loves being rear ended.

ClioDan87
24-02-2008, 15:05
Random ... im sure she does, but keep it on topic! ;)

titcharoony
24-02-2008, 15:09
:)

Carole Anne
25-02-2008, 18:14
Aye seanofnp is right if you have been pushed into the car in front by the car behind then not your fault, does become a bit more complicated in multicar pile ups, afraid I do this for a living :roll: where theres blame theres a claim :roll: :oops:

There can be circumstances where the car at the front could be to blame say if they actually rolled backwards downhill! not uphill!

Everyone is totally right this lady is 100% to blame for not driving for the road conditions and she can't blame the council for not gritting cos they don't have to!

Hope your willy is ok :( and the whippo!

CA

drsmith1979
25-02-2008, 18:38
unlucky... just makesure they dont write if off as a Cat D, the assessor may say it needs a new tailgate, lights, bumper etc.. from renault these are freaking mega pounds! so they may be tempted to write it off that way as they will probably only view it as worth circa 2,500GBP

So makesure you get a detailed description of it. Get some quotes too, take it to some bodyshops and ask them how much etc.. do your homework....

its her fault she just didnt want to seem like a cock, dont worry about it, it happens all the time, her insurance company will take it on the chin for fear of her being prosectuted for dangerous driving considering it was at a zebra crossing and there would be a chance of children crossing the road etc....

doug2.0
25-02-2008, 20:19
yeah its all getting sorted tescos are being really helpful, but if they cant reclaim all the costs of the process i could have my ncb reduced which i dont thinks fair.
and if they do write it off (which i dnt think they will) i have to give my insurance the price of my excess (£725!!!) out of the money they other company has given me for the car.

what do i pay this company £1030 a year for!?? :roll:

and about the white wheels, there not my doing and i cant afford ~£150 to get them re done so there staying white, plus it tricks people ionto thinking its not a willy and then they feel my wrath mwahahaha :wink:

kenny
25-02-2008, 20:51
In these paticular circumstances you will almost certainly receive a letter from her ins co accepting full liabilities, inform your ins co straight away, this will safeguard you from all costs, safeguard your NCB and free you from of the excess payment. You should bear in mind that although not your fault, this is still technically a claim and will need to be disclosed in any future dealings with ins co's. The term to remember is "all costs fully recovered" this means that the accident and the claims costs were not your fault and should have no bearing on any future policies. Unlike ed&ca, ins is not my business, these are my hard earned experiences. If you informed your ins that she was aware of the slippery conditions I think it is inconceivable that they will not accept responsibility.

Carole Anne
25-02-2008, 20:51
You can claim the excess back from her insurers.

Carole Anne
25-02-2008, 21:03
Sorry just read Kenny's post - totally right

They only time your NCB is affected is if you are partly/fully to blame for the accident which on the occasion does not seem to be the case at all.

If you want to check anything feel free to PM me

Carole Anne

doug2.0
25-02-2008, 21:12
cheers everyone for your help its much appreciated, i dont feel so un-knowledgeable as to what can happen from here on out now.

Scougar
26-02-2008, 14:03
Unless you are actually whiplashed then I would hold fire on putting a claim in. As far as I'm aware you can only put in one claim for compensation for this in your lifetime as after that it is considered an old injury as such. Perhaps it would be better not to (wait a few weeks, and see if you have any damage?)

Matthew

Carole Anne
27-02-2008, 12:42
You have three years from the date of the accident in which to bring a personal injury claim (although sooner is better than later) and as long as medical evidence supports the injury and the other driver is at fault you can recover damages.

Medical evidence would be an entry in your GP records or an A & E record following the accident in the first instance and then whoever acts on your behalf in relation to the injury would instruct a suitable medical expert to examine you and prepare a report.

Scougar is right in that if you are considering a injury claim it is best to wait a couple of weeks to see how your injury progresses. If you are still having problems then it is worth pursuing a claim. If your injury settles in days or a couple of weeks it may not be worth pursuing as there are cost implications.

If you are injured don't feel bad about pursuing a claim, you might need treatment, medication etc that may cost you and bringing a claim would mean that those costs can be recovered from the other persons insurers ,as well as compensation for your pain and suffering and any loss of earnings you might suffer.

If you are injured you should tell your insurers who may pass you onto a panel solictor or contact a solictor yourself to deal with it for you.

Hope that all makes sense!

Sorry if I sound like one of those cr*p advets oft telly!

kenny
27-02-2008, 18:19
You should also keep in mind, if you enter the system of injury claims you may be sent for doctors assessments, consultant assessments, physiotherapy appointments and all manner of other medical appointrents. :evil: If you refuse or just want to stop the process it might be deemed you have refused medical treatment and this could well affect this and any future claims. :wink:

doug2.0
27-02-2008, 20:43
yeah ive been told a lot of that, my neck is pretty painful depending where i move it and aches a bit in the mornings, so im going in for the claim,
i had a nurse ring me following a solicitors call, who wrote down a description of my problem, she then said she would be giving the report to the solicitors and referring me for physio.

drsmith1979
27-02-2008, 21:22
if its genuine then claim, but dont do it just for the money as it will hurt everyone in the long term...

hope you get better though and the car is sorted soon!

Carole Anne
28-02-2008, 12:21
Totally agree with drsmith - make a claim for the right reasons - to compensate you for a legitimate injury and cover expenses of treatment etc. Certainly sounds like you have one. You are better having it looked into hopefully the symptoms won't cause to many problems and may only last a short while, fingers crossed! - but if they don't it needs to be checked out as they may affect other areas of your life and have a financial knock on.

In terms of the claim process - you are sent for medical examinations with independant experts so that the value of your injury etc can be calculated. Appointments with physios or for other treatments may be arranged but this is to aid your recovery - if you do not need treatment appointments will not be arranged.

If you refuse to go for treatment this may affect any damages as it will be seen as you have not aided your own recovery which you have a duty to do.

If you start the claim process and then you decide you can't be bothered to go through with it and want to stop it may be that anyone acting on your behalf would want payment of the costs to date of dealing with your claim. Best thing to do is if you start the claim process is to just see it through.

As said before I deal with this stuff but I am not an ambulance chaser :roll: - all those adverts in tv etc give people like me a bad name. I deal with legitimate claims for people who have been left in a worse position than they were in before an accident. If someone rings me up with an insignificant injury or I get a wiff of a made up claim I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!

CA