PDA

View Full Version : Fuel system pressurizing badly

Coops
23-02-2008, 19:11
we all probably get a small 'ppffsssttt' upon removing the fuel cap, but mines a tad worse than this. the issue is its now a completely closed system, i removed the charcoal canisted and the aux fuel tank and connected the remaining hoses together to seal the system. if i leave the pipes open fuel pisses out of them so thats not an option, so my question is how and where can i add a new breather to the system to prevent this pressurization as am guessing its pretty dangerous.

its significant, when i release the fuel cap i can actually hear the tank clunk as its no longer under strain and at the factory join on my main filler tube from the fuel cap to the tank fuel is seeping out as the pressure is that high.i have to leave the cap loose now which is not ideal either

any advice much appreciated

cheers

Coops

number1
23-02-2008, 20:05
Couldnt put a small vent hole in the cap?? should stop pressure building up that way, id probably just leave the pipe to the charcoal canister unblocked, the canister doesnt fill up with fuel so i wouldnt of thought you would get any leaks

Dave

Coops
23-02-2008, 20:29
the pipe insnt there mate, i ripped it out back to the tank, so now if i leave it open as its lower down beside the tank gravity means its pours out. i may try leaving a hole in the cap somehow, but dont want it visible

number1
23-02-2008, 21:01
I dont think the coloured part of the cap actually seals it, so you could possibly make a little hole inside the actual filler neck or something, failing that, unblock the pipe that should go to the charcoal canister and run a new bit of tube up the wheelarch alongside the filler neck??

MAXIBOY
24-02-2008, 14:40
i ran my pipe up to the filler neck and let it become a breather with a little valve on it...

Coops
24-02-2008, 15:55
how u mean neil mate, you added a valve?

MAXIBOY
24-02-2008, 19:32
yeah just a one way. lets air in no fumes out..