PDA

View Full Version : Will a willy ECU run a valver ok?

alex_e3
22-02-2008, 17:25
Hi guys.

I know a 16v ECU will run a williams engine, but can it be done the other way around ok?

Also, i'm assuming the williams ECU's don't have the immobiliser? As my willy ECU runs ok on my valver, which did have the immobiliser on - the orange light doesn't come on at all with the willy ECU, and she fires straight up.

Need to know 'coz i need to put the willy ECU on another car to buypass the immobiliser, and need to know if it'll work ok? I'm assuming it will?

Cheers guys,

Al

number1
22-02-2008, 18:42
I believe it will yes, some of the models have different loom arrangements but my phase 1.5 loom works with my williams 2 ecu fine

Winston
22-02-2008, 19:38
It starts and runs

Kills performance tho

number1
22-02-2008, 20:21
When i put my valver ecu on my hybrid it had a mad powerband just before the limiter, when i get a rr session i might try both ecu's see the power loss between them

alex_e3
23-02-2008, 16:41
Need a definite answer off some of the techno-guys here!

Travelling to get a car tomorrow.

I've put my old valver ECU back on the car now- **** me it feels slow again! Feels like the 1.8 is back in it!

I'm sure the willy's had a separate immobiliser???

The willy ECU bypassed my valver immobiliser with no problems anyway, so assuming it will work on another phase II valver?

Cheers,

Al

number1
23-02-2008, 17:37
What car you getting? im sure most of the ecus will work

Dave

alex_e3
23-02-2008, 17:43
Well i was buying that cheap 66k valver - but phoned the guy to get his postcode for the morning, and he's bloody well sold it :evil: :evil:

He knew i was sorting immobilisers out today, and that i was all set for the morning. Didn't even tell me someone else was coming to see it, i probably would't have bothered otherwise.

So it don't matter now! Thanks for your input anyway!!!

Al

number1
23-02-2008, 18:44
Hate it when people do that! oh well mate it was probably an omen in disguise

alex_e3
23-02-2008, 20:01
Aye that's what i keep telling myself!!!

Seemed a bit too good to be true!