PDA

View Full Version : Side Windows Help...

Daz.
21-02-2008, 22:07
Do you REALLY have to take the dots out to remove the windows?

Can you not take the entire unit out as one?

I know the windows on hinges that go behind the plastic trim where the seat belts lives but I can't recall how its fixed on - can you not remove it there instead?

My back windows refuse to come out! :evil:

ClioDan87
21-02-2008, 22:09
They seize in matey!

I had to belt sand/grind mine off and use new studs and plastic covers from the inside! :(

You can remove them from the other places though .. just cant remember how they come off, off the top of my head?

I think there riveted?!

Why do you need to remove anyway?

Dan

MAXIBOY
21-02-2008, 22:09
not sure as the brackets are riveted and i,m not sure you can drill them with the glass in....

why can,t you just undo the dots and gets new ones....

ClioDan87
21-02-2008, 22:13
You can drill the rivets with the glass in Neil ... its possible just abit risky!

The Bolts seize and round off iirc there 30 torx?

Daz.
21-02-2008, 22:14
not sure as the brackets are riveted and i,m not sure you can drill them with the glass in....

why can,t you just undo the dots and gets new ones....

Both the garage and the bodyshop can't get them off...

And I simply can't afford £60 for new stupid little bastard things! I've got exteriors and seals so I guess I could source replacement internals...

I've had enough of having a wet seatbelt and wet boot and seen as I paid £40 for new window seals to slove my problem I reckon on putting them in as soon as!

Does anyone have a picture of the inside?

If they just rivet on I'll drill them out and re-rivet them.

MAXIBOY
21-02-2008, 22:22
i have spares i think i can post. can look if you want....

Daz.
22-02-2008, 07:31
I've got the exterior ones in spares they're all sprayed up ready to go and infact I've got two extra rear windows here I could just use instead of the windows I've got in if I could get the old buggers out somehow...

Its the grey bits on the inside I would need to replace and use some decent bolts to bolt them on this time instead of the shitty efforts they have on now!

Daz.
22-02-2008, 07:36
Infact just to see what everyone else thinks...

If I park the car DOWNWARDS I get a wet drivers seatbelt - you can see it coming in through the window where the seal has give in so that one I know...

The one thats getting to me is when I park UP I get a puddle in the corner of the boot on the passenger side - Now I'm thinking that teh seal has given up in the corner and its trickling behind the side carpets in the boot and going to the furthest point it can at the angle I park - i.e next to the passenger rear cluster..

Can anyone think where else it could be coming from if at all? I really do think its where I've said as the rear window is fine and the boot seal is fine so really the only place COULD be that??

Daz.
22-02-2008, 16:15
Aye nice lovely puddle waitingo for me today - can't ****ing have a car that drives and is stuck on the drive till they collect it and I can't even seal the cunt while its sat there...

I love clios :roll: