PDA

View Full Version : best credit card deal

LEEDASH
21-02-2008, 19:56
best credit card deal at the minute ? tsb are ripping me off

Justin..
21-02-2008, 20:18
Do a search on http://www.moneysupermarket.com/cards/credit_card.asp

Dont apply for loads if you get turned down on your first attempt, you will only wreck your credit rating :!:

Justin..
21-02-2008, 20:19
You probably know the score but try and get one with a 0% balance transfer

FATBOY
21-02-2008, 21:37
none wouldnt bother!!!!

Lunner
22-02-2008, 18:45
credit cards are for suckers IMO

MatBrown
22-02-2008, 19:28

Why's that then?
I pay for almost everything with my credit card!

Mat.

Justin..
22-02-2008, 19:37
i used mine when puchasing expensive goods. credit card companies give good purchase protection insurance if nothing else

Lunner
22-02-2008, 19:55

Why's that then?

Mat.

If you have the money why not use a debit card, if you don't have the money then you need to ask yourself is it really necessary to buy this?

I can understand it for companies etc where you get charged for each transaction through your account, and not so bad when you are paying it off each month, but if you start paying interest etc on it then you need to question if using one is really the best way.....esp given the current climate with alot of the population in masses of debt

1995clio16v
22-02-2008, 20:30
Dont apply for loads if you get turned down on your first attempt, you will only wreck your credit rating :!:

I agree!!!

Go to moneysavingexpert.com mate!! For anyone with financial issues, its the bomb big time.

MBNA issued cards tend to offer the highest credit rating!

Ive been in the shit with money, bad, and am just recently getting going again/straight. I held off applying for cards for 8 months.

Just got one through the post today from virgin, £5.5k limit (which I didnt want btw), but will come ion handy for sorting out the debts.

The virgin one according to moneysavingexpert is the best at the moment.

o% balance transfers for 14mnths i think it is! :o

My personal experience from credit cards is DONT USE THEM!!! Im only using them now for paying off debts and not spending!!

If anyone needs any advice on debts etc, pm me. Ive been in the shit with money recently which has been a terrible thing to bear with. There are some great legal and good things you can do if its all becoming overwhelming, and your getting 10phone calls a day off debtors etc. All the info is on moneysavingexpert.com

However moneysavingexpert has been brilliant for advice etc.

Good forums on there too, really friendly peeps!

:D

And no..moneysaving expert is nothing to do with me even tho im raving about it!!

lol!!

:lol:

MatBrown
22-02-2008, 20:56

Why's that then?

Mat.

If you have the money why not use a debit card, if you don't have the money then you need to ask yourself is it really necessary to buy this?

I can understand it for companies etc where you get charged for each transaction through your account, and not so bad when you are paying it off each month, but if you start paying interest etc on it then you need to question if using one is really the best way.....esp given the current climate with alot of the population in masses of debt

I pay it off in full every month.
Gives me extra interest in my bank account as opposed to debit card payments.

Mat.

Jamie.
22-02-2008, 20:58
Agreed.

I earnt £50 cash back last year too. Its one of those .05% jobbies.

stevie_b
22-02-2008, 23:15
Yep, I use credit cards for everything as they pay me to :lol: %age back on purchases - it adds up to a couple of hundred quid over a year.