PDA

View Full Version : FAO.......

Slithers
12-06-2005, 23:02
The ****witt who placed the oil filter where it is on the valver/williams clio.

You may not browse this forum, hell you might not be alive but rest assured you created an enemy today.

I cut my fukkin arm to fukkin ribbons thanks to YOUR inept placing of such a frequently fukkin changed component.

May you rot in hell for your idiocy, and by god, buddah, jehovah, Zues Odin and J.C himself i swear i will track you down one day and seek revenge for the angst you made me suffer today, be it in heaven, hell, another life or limbo, you are fukkin dead son shine one way or the other.

KingStromba
12-06-2005, 23:04
You will have your revenge, in this life or the next.

Big engine - small car. Now lets think about this. Oil filter? Yeah? On the side, nice and easy, or jammed in the front like a mofo?

big hp
12-06-2005, 23:05
Haha, I know how you feel, doing mine next weekend and i always winge like a girl when doing it. LOL

edde
12-06-2005, 23:10
Ha ha its fun.

If your into S and M I'm sure you'd love it.

Helps if you use a slim sized filter not a stupid full height one like I did to save a penny.
How did you do it in the end? I ended up dropping it down the front then going underneither then noving it then going ontop etc.

The radiator pipes both a bonus and a problem though it helps keep it in places when you've got it in place but if it wasn't there it won't be difficult to get there in the first place.

KingStromba
12-06-2005, 23:12
Why waste your time? Get Kwik fit to do it.

Slithers
12-06-2005, 23:12
I just changed the oil in the end, got ****ed off with it.

Gonna have a decent crack at it when im on holiday next week

With some of that millers shit too.

Winston
12-06-2005, 23:14
Easy job you girl.....

with a oil cooler and no power steering pump :lol:

big hp
12-06-2005, 23:20
I remember the oil filter was a piece of piss on my old Nova, don't know what your going on about. Should try doing it on a valver or williams :wink: :P

Slithers
12-06-2005, 23:27
I remember the oil filter was a piece of piss on my old Nova, don't know what your going on about. Should try doing it on a valver or williams :wink: :P

Lol, like the way you brought that gag into this thread.....quite clever that :wink:

richy
12-06-2005, 23:28

whats up with ya man! get hand in there and get the filter off!!!!

Slithers
12-06-2005, 23:31

Tried that thats why my arm is cut to ribbons after catching on the alternator so many times, plus the garage that put it on have seemed to spot weld it on

big hp
12-06-2005, 23:31

Lol, like the way you brought that gag into this thread.....quite clever that :wink:

I'm not just a pretty face, believe it or not :wink:

They are a bitch though. Take it to one of these places that offer oil changes for £20. Get it done often and it doesn't matter what oil they use as long as its the right grade.

richy
12-06-2005, 23:32

Tried that thats why my arm is cut to ribbons after catching on the alternator so many times, plus the garage that put it on have seemed to spot weld it on

alternator wtf u stick ya hand in that way for lol, i took air box off last time and got straight to it!

Slithers
12-06-2005, 23:34

I'm not just a pretty face, believe it or not :wink:

They are a bitch though. Take it to one of these places that offer oil changes for £20. Get it done often and it doesn't matter what oil they use as long as its the right grade.

Im gonna do it 2 live style with a screwdriver and a hammer, pierce the ****er and then drag the bastard off usin BRUTE FORCE, lol

Slithers
12-06-2005, 23:35

alternator wtf u stick ya hand in that way for lol, i took air box off last time and got straight to it!

Airbox was off too m8, i seem to have a shit load of unexplained/ redundant pipes and tubes in the way from that route.

Might be the fact that its one of the very early valvers.

richy
12-06-2005, 23:40
ah maybe, i managed to get me hand in and remove it, wasnt easy cus it was tight but came off after a few 'fcuking french shit' etc lol

Slithers
12-06-2005, 23:42
ah maybe, i managed to get me hand in and remove it, wasnt easy cus it was tight but came off after a few 'fcuking french shit' etc lol

Funnily enuff i didnt utter that phrase once today, kinda surprised meself.

MatBrown
13-06-2005, 00:00
WTF???

Airbox?
Alternator?

You can get it easy from underneath!

Mat.

clean16v
13-06-2005, 02:33
get a throttle body conversion, mines easy to get to!

Purple
13-06-2005, 03:53
If it's any small consolation; my installation is worse than yours. What with an aircon compressor almost blocking all access to the filter. So understandably, I pay people to change oil and filter. But, damn, those mechanics disappear like ninjas whenever they see my car pull into the shop.

Swervin_Mervin
13-06-2005, 10:09
It's quite easy to get to from underneath. It took me a while last time but now I've done it once I reckon it'll be easy next time.

Slithers
13-06-2005, 16:07
It's quite easy to get to from underneath. It took me a while last time but now I've done it once I reckon it'll be easy next time.

How the **** you go in from underneath?

Not between the rad and sump i presume?

U goin in from the left of the rad as you look at it?

Swervin_Mervin
13-06-2005, 16:10
I got it on some ramps and lied on me back having had a quick look at it's location and stuck me arm straight up slightly on the n/s of centre of the car. Had to do it by feel mostly.

TBH I can't remember exactly. I'll get a pillow to rest my head on next time though!

KingStromba
13-06-2005, 16:11
If it's any small consolation; my installation is worse than yours. What with an aircon compressor almost blocking all access to the filter. So understandably, I pay people to change oil and filter. But, damn, those mechanics disappear like ninjas whenever they see my car pull into the shop.

PMSL :shock:

Slithers
13-06-2005, 16:14
I got it on some ramps and lied on me back having had a quick look at it's location and stuck me arm straight up slightly on the n/s of centre of the car. Had to do it by feel mostly.

TBH I can't remember exactly. I'll get a pillow to rest my head on next time though!

Swear to god it sounds like my engine is either further forward than yours or tilted further backwards m8.

I aint got a fookin chance of gettin my arm straight up!!!

Swervin_Mervin
13-06-2005, 16:20
Well, when I say straight up it was round a few pipes n' shit. Took some getting the oil filter wrench in there but got it loose enough to undo by hand.

My engine's quite far forward. The dipstick catches on the front bonnet rubber seal on the cross member.

Slithers
13-06-2005, 16:30
Well, when I say straight up it was round a few pipes n' shit. Took some getting the oil filter wrench in there but got it loose enough to undo by hand.

My engine's quite far forward. The dipstick catches on the front bonnet rubber seal on the cross member.

Aye my dipstick does that too.

Must just be me.

edde
13-06-2005, 17:03
I thourght it was just me as well.

Andyvalver
13-06-2005, 17:06
LOl, The garage who serviced mine before i did put the wrong size filter on mine :? It was just a little to tall. Got my hand in there and got it off but couldnt get it out of the engine bay, top or bottom lol had to take the radiator off, he he