PDA

View Full Version : Remote Central locking question

number1
18-02-2008, 13:04
My mates valver will not lock, doors have been delocked aswell unfortunatley, it's a phase 2, i have tried changing the plip and reciever for a working item from a phase1 and still no luck, the button in the centre works was just wondering if the phase 2 ecu will stop the central locking from working as the plip and reciever are not coded to the ph2 ecu??

will a phase one ecu cure the central locking issue??

Dave

Scougar
18-02-2008, 13:09
Phase 2 has immon built in I believe, so won't work on the phase 1 stuff.

If immob and plip are known working (CHECK BATTERY!) and it still doesn't work, then it hints to either a ground (earthing) wiring issue in the receiver area or another wiring issue. I would check that the wires are not corroded where they hook upto the receiver, as a lot of water likes to get in the sunroof (Great design my Renault *sigh*)

Matthew

number1
18-02-2008, 13:35
yeh i know they keys working, checked it with a digi cam, new battery's too, it worked when i took it out my old valver, but now it doesnt in hers, just wondered if it was because of the phase2 immobiliser blocking the central locking side of things

Dave

Scougar
18-02-2008, 15:30
Oh sorry, didn't see her's is a phase 2 (my bad :oops: ).

Yes it is because of the immobiliser :(

I do believe you can get a phase 1 ecu and you will be sorted, although you will obviously not have an immobiliser! (i have 2 key immobiliser's and a fob immobiliser on my valver lol, but no alarm lol).

Matthew

number1
20-02-2008, 18:12
Today i tried the phase one plip and reciever in my car, works fine, tried a phase one ecu, the same plip and reciever in the ph2 clio of my friends, still didnt work, just remembered from when i did my heater matrix on my old ph2 there was an box next to the right hand speaker panel, this is a control box for the central locking and ecu.... you can hear it clicking when you press the centre button, so it clearly not going to work without a bit of work, changing the loom i guess.. ive found this on ebay tho

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160208909329&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:middle:uk

If i wire that into the centre switch then hopefully the problem will be solved of having no remote central locking,

Before anyone say's just use the key in the door, we cant it's de locked! lol

Dave