PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Speedo Video

donsrno1
14-02-2008, 01:39
Just came across this on my PC so thought I would pop it on youtube. Just a few runs I did a couple of months ago, think I still had the interior and spare wheel in at the time and was out for a bit of a blast on the old private track.

Would have had a few hundred RPM left at gearchanges as well looking at the speed I changed at on the vid so could definately go a bit quicker than that. Will try and get another one next time I'm on my private test track and its dry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjQLgrbNpbI

cliolord
14-02-2008, 21:21
Looks impressive with the interior you have in it mate. I would be well impressed with that, also running the stock straight cut williams rev limiter too :lol: The limiter does sound amazing!

donsrno1
14-02-2008, 23:18
Looks impressive with the interior you have in it mate. I would be well impressed with that, also running the stock straight cut williams rev limiter too :lol: The limiter does sound amazing!

The limiter is actually set at 7100rpm. I had thought it was stock as it normally shows just over 6500rpm on the gauge but when I had it on a rolling road at the weekend it turns out its 7100rpm and my rev counter is out by a bit. In the video though I wasn't really taking it to the limiter as I know I can see more than those speeds in pretty much every gear.

Will get a proper video soon :lol:

cliolord
15-02-2008, 20:15
What gearbox you running dude? I had a 7000/7100rpm limiter on a JC5 and the gearing to speed at limiter was around;
1st - 35mph
2nd - 60mph
3rd - 90mph
4th - 112mph
5th - 143mph

Remembering these are speedo guage readouts although on sat nav my speedo seemed pretty well in 100mph on the guage read a GPS speed of 96mph which I thought was pretty good. My friends Williams speedo is miles out, at 90mph on the guage it reads 80mph on GPS so these guages are not all that constant :lol:

donsrno1
16-02-2008, 19:24
I'm running a 172 cup box. I'm still a bit confused as to whats going on with my limiter tbh as I was out for a blast yesterday and in 2nd it wouldn't hit 60 but I know on other occasions it has done :? It was fully warmed up and everything so just seems a bit weird, is the limiter dependant on engine temperature? I had been out in the car for about 30mins when it did that so it was sitting about 80degrees - so warmed up but I'm wondering if I had been hooning it around and it was about 100degrees (which was what was shown in my RR graph) the limiter may have been higher.

cliolord
18-02-2008, 18:23
the F7 engines do not have a lower limiter that I know of although I don't and wouldn't advise hitting the limiter when cold to try this lol but i know the 172's and so on do