PDA

View Full Version : radiator plaggy bit thingy majig.

titcharoony
13-02-2008, 11:37
The plastic bit that goes round the radiator (i beleive to scoop air against it and protect underneath from stones etc) - mine has broken at the bottom. I have a complete new piece to replace it with, but in order to fit it would I have to remove and disconnect the radiator? I really dont want to have to do this lol. If i can unclip or unscrew it out id much prefer - removing rad was a minor ball ache last time, and fitting the bottom hose was hell. any clues guys?

white16valver
13-02-2008, 13:27
The big black plastic surround thing? I don't think you do need to take the rad out, but you will need to unscrew it from the rad, iirc.

I think there's two at the bottom of the rad that you can reach through the hole in the bumper?

You can 'unclip' the bottom bit of the plastic thing from the side bits so that you can get it flat (can probably see this on the new one) then I think you just need to lift it out the top or pull it out the bottom.

I think... lol

Wobba
13-02-2008, 14:38
It can be fiddly to get out, but I think it can be cone. You are right, there are two small screws holding the bottom part on and they can be reached through the lower intake bits on the bumper, quite easy really.

The bottom of the plastic surround can be undone easy as it is simply two plastic arrow fasteners.

The actual rad isnt a problem tbh. You can move it about if you undo it to make space. the tricky bit is the flaps of the plastic surround as they jam on various things as you take it out...you just have to fold the sides as you do it I think.

If you move the rad and fan about overly much, watch out for the clips in the bottom holding the two together. They get very rusty and can break easily...no huge deal if they get busted though, easily replaced.

Daz.
13-02-2008, 15:08
Putting in is easier than getting out I've just had a new one fitted to BCC as the other one was goosed after being smashed into.

Wobba
13-02-2008, 22:40
Mines outside in the garden at the moment. Yet to be refitted along with loads of other plastic shiz :(

titcharoony
13-02-2008, 23:06
one of those lil things thats easy to put off. needs doin tho! plus its a god send for protctin ur rad from underneath.

Wobba
14-02-2008, 09:14
Well, my rad is out at the moment as well. I gave mine a clean the other day and it's like ther are an infinite amount of bugs. Had the hose on it for an hour and stuff was still coming off.

white16valver
14-02-2008, 12:12
Yuk! lol

titcharoony
14-02-2008, 12:29
i flushed my rad and hoses bout 6months ago, not willing to do it again so much. ball ache of the highest order.

Daz.
14-02-2008, 15:55
What you do chaps is get crashed into by a woman and get a nice shiny new rad like meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Then stick your new coolant bottle on the car and revel in its continuous cleanliness :lol: