PDA

View Full Version : royal mail missing parcels

lewis_willy2
12-02-2008, 09:36
has anyone ever been posted a parcel but not recieved it?

two recent parcels (which i need to finish my conversion off :evil: ) havent turned up and im going through the royal mail to claim compensation, has anyone ever put in for a claim and won, its quite a bit of money, and am furious to say the least (not with the senders i would like to add, as they are helping me with the claim)

lewis

Lunner
12-02-2008, 10:37
Yeah i sent a bonnet vent, 2 weeks later bloke hadn't received it, sent off a claim and got £30 back, was just about to refund it and the bloke received the vent.

They ask for proof of value, i just put they are 2nd hand car parts and are worth more in different circles to the people who need them

lewis_willy2
12-02-2008, 12:05
well in total its £270 worth of stuff in two separate parcels!!! its been 20 days so far.

midge
12-02-2008, 13:48
if its £270 then i hope the person who sent it insured it for that much.
when it comes check when it was sent - it will be dated somewhere, also if your parts are coming from america/japan they tend to take 2-3weeks - longer if thier stuck at customs.

lewis_willy2
12-02-2008, 16:18
there coming from england, the seller has proof of postage which was 22nd jan!!!

im gutted cuse now gotta buy the same bits again, at double the price. and being near £300 down and in the middle of buying my 1st house, the williams may never get done :cry:

im not sure though if standard parcels have to signed for? if not are the postman allowed to leave something thats been sent standard parcel outside of a flat? because the other thought is that they where left outside my flat door and my nuisance neighbour has taken them in revenge :evil:

Lunner
12-02-2008, 16:20
Not your fault IMO, its sellers fault, shoudl have sent them insured, if you haven't recieved them its the sender who is liable, not you, it is also the sender who is responsible for informing royal mail and tryign to recoupe his losses

simonr85
14-02-2008, 17:23
A parcel company lost some calipers that Final Abode sent me, he sorted all the claim out and got me more back then i had payed him for the calipers originally :D