PDA

View Full Version : car feels slow - help please

midge
11-02-2008, 18:10
Right have a problem with the hybrid, once it hits about 5krpm it feels like the clutch is slipping and takes ages for the revs to rise, the clutch is NOT slipping, i still get second gear wheel spin, im completely stuck by this, i checked the air feed is still connected and it is, it isnt mis firing, and theres no smoke.

The car has a hill power mapped chip, it has crossed my mind that i have the old problem that it needs to be 're-set' battery disconnected ovber night e.t.c..

Does anyone know whats wrong and what to try? its definatly down on power :(

number1
11-02-2008, 19:29
When mine feels down on power, i change the plugs, always seems to work and usually they only do about 4k before there killed..

1fast6
11-02-2008, 23:35
is it just when driving or can you get it to do it when still?

midge
11-02-2008, 23:48
reset the chip and its fine, something to do with the hill power chip, gonna ring him tommorrow.

Purple
12-02-2008, 01:00
You should go read some of TheJesus's old posts. He swears that his hillpower chipped clio needed to be battery-reset every once in a while to get back the power.

1fast6
12-02-2008, 11:45
You should go read some of TheJesus's old posts. He swears that his hillpower chipped clio needed to be battery-reset every once in a while to get back the power.

Yep read it again, have a theory.

Is it possible that the Hill Power Map from the off-shelf chips causes some engines to pink or det at high rpm which is detected by the ECU. After this reaches a certain limit threshold, the ECU retards the ignition thus slowing the car until a hard reset is performed...

midge
12-02-2008, 13:50
i rang nick today and he said 'it wont be the chip, it will be something within your engine managment system that isnt working correctly and its sending a fault code to the ecu which is retarding the ignition to be safe'
he said to get it on diagnostic check and it will show whats wrong.

Wobba
12-02-2008, 14:39
I could easily hear the pinking in my r5 turbo, so if you get that it's quite easy to diagnose.

richy
12-02-2008, 19:35
try get a known good ecu mate, try it with that if you think the hill power chip may be causing a problem, if it still does it with a std ecu etc then time to computer check etc

matty w
13-02-2008, 12:06
cant really see how the chip can cause problems its just set numbers

midge
16-02-2008, 19:46
right today, i changed the gearbox and sorted the dodgy fuel line and i notcied the vaccum pipe to my map sensor was kinked! not full shut but kinked none the less, im certain this is the problem! all sorted now, were see if it returns to being slow

drsmith1979
16-02-2008, 20:54
glad its sorted, to be fair as already has been said.. the chip simply alters the parameters of fueling etc... if the ecu gets bad information from sensors then it will base its figures from these results hence being bad performance. Usually chaning over a chip highlights faults which otherwise the ECU has learnt to either ignore, or use its own 'preset' values.