PDA

View Full Version : Battery terminals

C5 SWH
11-02-2008, 12:49
ive currently got the orignal plastic terminals Green and red that screw on, They have gone very brittle, so am looking to replace them.

I want to stay orignal and get the same, do reno sell them? What price? if not where else can i get them from?

thanks 8)

Scougar
11-02-2008, 13:06
I have replaced the negative on my wifes clio with the regular type, but I want to stay original on my valver, and the ideally both need replacing, so will want to know this as well.

Matthew

Scougar
12-02-2008, 12:01
I went to Renault last night and after they looked in the back, they came back and told me that they had stopped doing the original terminal connectors and pretty much just use the standard type now.

Not much good for concurs people, or the fact that the positive wires don't appear long enough to be able to be stripped and put inside a regular terminal connector :( (The negative lead can just about be done however).

Matthew

Scougar
15-02-2008, 10:29
Anyone know where to get OEM replacements? After having the fancy covers the battery won't look so good without them lol.

Matthew

Adi82
15-02-2008, 12:38
I asked the same question at renault and got the same reply. I managed to find a few sets down at the scrap yard in the end. Two of which are no broken. Might be worth trying your local scrap yard althought often they throw these away when removing the batteries before they dump them in the yard.

Scougar
15-02-2008, 13:23
Good idea :)

The negative is gonna be the nasty one though, Looks a tough job to get the terminal off and reuse and old one.

Matthew

schakal
15-02-2008, 14:34
i have brand new oem battery terminal screws here 8)

Scougar
15-02-2008, 14:51
For sale? If so... interested :D

Matthew

Daz.
15-02-2008, 18:02
For sale? If so... interested :D

Matthew

Probably not knowing Schak... but if they are fella :D :wink: :D :wink: :D :wink: :D :wink: :D :wink:

Muahwhahhaha

schakal
15-02-2008, 20:26
in fact i got 2 pairs of them but i think one of them is
not a the right one for a clio even though it can be used
if you swap the threaded clamp thingy with a 9/11/19 etc one

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa183/partsrenault/S8002783-1.jpg

daz : everything is for sale dude ,you just got to offer the right price :D

i suggest you 2 hurry up and pm me before matt brown spots
this thread and do a bulk buy :P :D

Scougar
16-02-2008, 00:31
You don't have the actual terminal post do you, or do you just have that screw top?

Matthew

schakal
16-02-2008, 00:45
You don't have the actual terminal post do you, or do you just have that screw top?

Matthew

no mate

do you want a brand new factory battery attached
to them as well ?? :D

schakal
16-02-2008, 19:29
1 pair sold to the man in tights 8)

Scougar
17-02-2008, 20:45
lol, well not the actual terminal post *blush*. I meant the bit that attaches to it, and then you screw on the red screw postive/negative section.

Matthew

schakal
17-02-2008, 23:07
lol, well not the actual terminal post *blush*. I meant the bit that attaches to it, and then you screw on the red screw postive/negative section.

Matthew
mate i only got the screws shown in the picture as BRAND NEW .

i know one of them is not the same as clio item but i can supply you
a used threaded metal thingy that slides on to the battery terminal .
you will only need one cause u allready shall have one on one of the terminals .

Scougar
18-02-2008, 18:52
I just got some quick release terminals from Motorworld. The only reason I got the quick release verisions is because they look like the positive terminal wires look like they can be screwed on with having to take the spade style connectors off (meaning the wires will still be long enough).

Hopefully that will stop my flickering red light like every time I clean the connectors lol.

Thanks for the heads up on the connectors though Schakal, I appreciate it :)

Matthew

schakal
18-02-2008, 20:03
nice one mate ,glad its sorted :P