PDA

View Full Version : Lowering...

chris16v
10-02-2008, 20:49
Hay guys how hard is it 2 lower the car? I have the lowering springs 4 the front. Just wanderin how hard it is 2 fit them? Also altering the torsion bar? :lol:

stevie_b
10-02-2008, 21:34
There is an execellent guide for the torsion bar in the Guides section on here. Its on the first page somewhere, title 'lowering the torsion bar', or something similar.

chris16v
10-02-2008, 21:56
yeh m8 iv seen that. Im just wandering wether there is a guide 4 the front ones

Allan
10-02-2008, 22:34
front ones are easy, undo the top nut, undo the 2 bottom bolts and lift out the shock, you might need to undo the drive shaft nut i cant remember but you need the stub axel to be loose and you can just pull out the shock.

if you have valver you will need to undo the abs stuff too which is on the side of the shock.

once you have the shock out get some spring compressors, just put them on 10 min job then undo the top nut and pull it apart. put new lowing springs in and compress again with spring compressors then reassemble the shock take off the compressors and put it back into place.

tighten the top nut and your done, will take about 30 mins

you need an allen key for the top nut and a ring spannor, or if your lazy like me use an impact ratchet :D

other then that its easy as