PDA

View Full Version : angel eyes

nhasey1602
10-02-2008, 20:40
ive just put angel eyes on my rt and when the headlights are on and i flash main beam the headlights go off and main beam comes on....
is this normal and anybody got any ideas to solve this problem??
cheers

Allan
10-02-2008, 20:42
well the lights are designed to be a single bulb, how are the wired up ?

Allan
10-02-2008, 20:43
to make myself clear, the standard lights, as opposed to the twin lamps

nhasey1602
10-02-2008, 21:03
ye the headlights are a h1 bulb and the main beam is a separate h1 bulb

Allan
10-02-2008, 22:18
how are they wired in ?

does it have a seperate relay for them ?

white16valver
11-02-2008, 13:39
I'm sure someone on CS had this problem too - I think it's an MOT failure (as well as being dangerous lol) as they both need to illuminate.

Can't remember how/if it was fixed though...

Scougar
11-02-2008, 14:20
The worst situation is the one you have described. Having them setup that way means everytime you flash, you then have to reignite the HID when the dipped (HID) beams come back on. This will shorten the life of the expensive HID bulbs. Also, it means that you may get upto several seconds of darkness between the Main beam (halogen) lights going out and the HID's reigniting, I don't need to tell you this is a bad situation in the dark.

Not sure how the you have it set, but you may find that the flasher and main beam light are on the same, or individual circuits. i.e. If you flash it may be set to just flash the main beams, so it cuts out the HID's... whereas having main beam on may bizarrely keep both sets of lights on. You'll prob have to find someone on here who has a set of HIDS already for the wiring info.

Matthew

nhasey1602
11-02-2008, 17:16
they are just wired in with a plug which the h4 connector plugs into so i couldnt have got anything wrong???
ill have to get some profesional eyes on it