PDA

View Full Version : More electical problems

1fast6
07-02-2008, 01:42
Once again I'm having the problem of Fuse 6 (engine) blowing when the ignition is turned on. Only this time the symptoms are different.

I have diagnosed the issue to the charging circuit on the alternator.

If i have the brown plug on the alternator plugged in, the fuse will blow when the key is turned to position 2 (ignition). If i disconnect the brown plug and put a brand new fuse in, the fuse doesn't blow.The alternator earth remains connected.

So, is this a faulty alternator or a break in the circuit perhaps? I have traced the charging circuit and cannot find a short in it....

Thanks

katbloke
07-02-2008, 13:28
id see if anyone here has a spare alternator they know works and try that out if youve traced all wiring and have not short outs id say thats your next option tbh

MattyH16valver
07-02-2008, 23:19
Hi mate....I checked the connection that fuse 6 is plugged into in the engine bay as u asked me to check the resistance on the bottom side of it. It seemed to be roughly 20 ohm on each side...but varied everytime i tested it... :lol: Hope that helps

1fast6
08-02-2008, 18:58
Hi mate....I checked the connection that fuse 6 is plugged into in the engine bay as u asked me to check the resistance on the bottom side of it. It seemed to be roughly 20 ohm on each side...but varied everytime i tested it... :lol: Hope that helps

Cheers man.

All fixed now. faulty voltage regulator on the alternator was causing the fuse to blow.