PDA

View Full Version : SPARK PLUGS/flush out fluid

LEEDASH
06-02-2008, 19:43
Going to change my plugs,im a amateur at this,what tips could the community give me ? risk of getting shock ?

going to change my oil,recommend flush out fluid ? views on this aswell,please

stevie_b
06-02-2008, 21:09
No risk of getting a shock - you won't be doing it with the engine running? I'd change them one by one if you are an 'amateur' as it saves any possibility of muddling the leads up. You'll need a socket (preferably with a rubber sleeve inside to grasp the plug) with an extension bar. If you haven't got the special socket then you can usually tease the plug out using the socket, failing that a pair of long nose pliers will allow you to reach the top of the plug and remove it. Refitting the new plug is the most important part - you need to avoid cross-threading it at all costs! I always get them going by hand so I can sense I have got the thread right before I attach a ratchet to it to do the rest and tighten.

number1
07-02-2008, 01:01
Trick to getting the plugs up after you have unscrewed them is to put the plug lead back on the plug and lift the plug out with that,

When putting the new ones back in do them up with your fingers until they go tight, turn 180 degrees with a ratchet, loosen off to finger tight and a quarter turn up tight