PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure

Rory
03-02-2008, 17:52
i am geting low oil pressure, its fine when i start the engine and when im driving.
but after i drive it and it idles the oil pressure drops right down to just above 0. have i got a ****ed pump or do u think its the gauge?

Lunner
03-02-2008, 18:08
Thats about normal, do a search, the correct readings have been posted loads of times before

Rory
03-02-2008, 18:31
thats cool, got worried when the MOT tester said its to low and i should get it sorted asap. thanks

Wobba
03-02-2008, 20:42
Sometimes an oil change, to make sure you have the right oil thickness etc, and using a genuine renault oil filter can help. Mine did this, and still does sometimes, but the car ran fine and the latest problems I dont think were related.

Lunner
03-02-2008, 20:58
There is no difference in oil pressure between reno and FRAM filters, and i doubt that if you were using a decent filter it would affect the oil pressure

Tommo
04-02-2008, 17:48
Use Castrol Edge Sport 10w/60, mine never drops below 1 bar with this oil, even after a good thrashing!

MAXIBOY
04-02-2008, 20:11
There is no difference in oil pressure between reno and FRAM filters, and i doubt that if you were using a decent filter it would affect the oil pressure

as i have stated before there can be a difference in filter quality but gsf sell the purflex filters and purflex make the original filters for renault...

i have never had different oil pressure readings but always use purflex filters..