PDA

View Full Version : Yet another question: Injector plugs

Wobba
03-02-2008, 13:01
I pull these out right? They don't want to come out, and the first one has broken the crap brittle electrical plug bit. Is there no easier way or are Renault just having another laugh at my expense here?

Wobba
03-02-2008, 13:08
Pull them out it says: Yea, ok....rip go the wires, new ones needed, great job.

MicKPM
03-02-2008, 13:21
I use a small flat screwdriiver to prise the metal retaining spring clip off one side which allows the plug to come off much easier. Then you just replace the clip before refitting cos like you say, they're brittle as sin

schakal
03-02-2008, 13:23
^^^^ wot he said ^^^^^ 8)

Wobba
03-02-2008, 13:40
Ok, refitted the wiring that got pulled out. Last one I did without breaking anything. Of course, nothing is simple and I am onto my next seized bolts which have already ripped two brand new torx bits apart.

Lunner
03-02-2008, 13:46
Buy the Halfords bits on a rail, i sheared one off, just took it back and got a replacement, apparently they are part of the halfords professional range and covered under the lifetime warrenty.

I had a right job with the injector plugs you know the thing, just pull them out and i didn't wanna pull any harder in case i broke them, but you have just gotta pull, think the replacement o-rings for them cost me about £20 from a bosh dealer, thats for 8 o-rings, ****ing daylight robbery

Wobba
03-02-2008, 13:50
I agree, I dont want to take the injectors out as well. Its just yet anotehr shitty detail I cant be arsed with and dont have time for, and cant afford to keep shelling out tbh.

Well, none of the wiring loom torx bolts that hold the hoop bits on want to come off at all, they are all rounded off anfd wont budge, so I have to cut them all.

Lunner
03-02-2008, 14:46
Drill the head off teh bolt and you'll find they'll come out pretty easily, for some reason bolts that go into the head have a habit of becoming stupid tight

Wobba
03-02-2008, 14:57
Too late, broke the hoops off. No access to drill at mo, and working in the street with fukwits walking by tripping up over wires isn't helping!