PDA

View Full Version : Radiator fan mount

Adi82
03-02-2008, 09:48
Just putting my new radiator back in the williams and i have a quick question.

Does the fan mounting metal bracket just sit on the bottom subframe cross member? I have a coolant hose running along this, does the mounting plate just slot behind it then bolt on to the top of the rad??

Thanks

Adi82
03-02-2008, 10:39
Also where abouts does the black plastic radiator shield clip in? I know it screws in to the top and bottom of the rad but there are clips on it, and the bottom part just seems to hand down??

Adi82
03-02-2008, 11:30
Ok sorted the plastic shield out. Still need help with the fan mount plate, does it sit behind the coolant pipe on the subframe or in front of it??

Wobba
03-02-2008, 11:44
The rad sits in front of the pipe, and the fan should connect directly onto the rad. The one I have, the pipe is behind the fan, and I have plastic clips in the subframe to stop the pipe wandering about.

Does you fan mount not have little clips that fit on the bottom of the radiator? Mine does but they are very rusty.

Adi82
03-02-2008, 12:04
might have done but i think they have broken off. So at the moment it is only held in at the top. I have it sitting in front of the pipe at the moment. The bottom plate of the fan motor mount sits just in front of the pipe and behind the rad. Does this sound right?

Wobba
03-02-2008, 12:29
Yep, sounds right. Do you have a pic? Does your rad mount have an oval section of metal above the pipe (it kinda curves up like a smile).

One of my clips snapped off due to it being so old and rusty. They should clip the bottom of the rad and fan close together, so they hug each other.

Sounds like you got it sorted though.