PDA

View Full Version : NLRG's bonnet stolen

northy
02-02-2008, 22:10
Well it appears that williams spares are now in demand. So much so the police had to be involved.

Last sunday evening my williams 3 was paid a visit in the early hours by some lowlifes who proceeded to break in by bending the door back! Cheers

They only took my bonnet - so someone must be after it for there 1.2 look a like.

Then a few days later while the car was still parked outside they came back and ripped the rear spoiler off!

Seams you carnt have anythin nice anymore, and all this happened at my parents in brighouse. Needless to say i expect williams land to be on top alert for any bonnets for sale. Mine was a 1 off as i replace 2 damaged studs and i would recongnise the work anywhere.

Northy

richy
02-02-2008, 22:29
its a shitter that, 3 times ive had someone try to get into my trackcar! need a new door now too :x

Wobba
02-02-2008, 22:39
I hate scum like this. Sorry to hear it :(

titcharoony
02-02-2008, 23:23
gutted for you mate- keep your eyes on ebay

rik
02-02-2008, 23:37
thats shocking!

iv had stuff stolen from my crashed 205 gti before and a set off bbs from my garage.....but id be rageing if someone stole something from one of my cars!

this world is a disgrace :cry:

Jamie.
02-02-2008, 23:57
Pretty cheeky for them to come back and get a second bite at the cherry.

Police are useless in there circumstances too, never actually get anything sorted. They need more bobbies on the beat supervising these 'hot spots' not in cars with speed guns.....

****ing pricks some of these young scum about. Even if you caught them at it and hit them you would probably get into more trouble than them.

We live in a bent country, I'm off to Switerland when I qualify.

mossyv6
03-02-2008, 00:28
Proper sh1te mate :( :evil: :twisted: :roll:

Makes you think dont it?!!! :shock:

Chop there thieving hands off!!!

ae
03-02-2008, 00:47
Unlucky :oops:

Someones 1.2 will look miles better :roll:

Andrew

drsmith1979
03-02-2008, 00:52
think as a club we need to come up with an identification method so we can encrypt some kind of marker on the easily removable panels so they can be traced should they come for sale... I'm sure the police would be happy to offer some assitance with its set up etc...

needs to be done as its shite that cunts who get the government to pay for everything they own think its ok to simply take what they want.

Daz.
03-02-2008, 01:07
Cunts

MicKPM
03-02-2008, 10:23
Gutted for you mate cos it's a sad day when people would sooner risk breaking in to a car to release and remove a bonet rather than go to a breakers yard and pay £10-25 for one. Clio 16v/Williams items are getting harder to source though now where as once there were loads in breakers yards cos I've been forced to turn to Renault for loads of bits recently. Thankfully my cars are garaged at the back of the house and the car and the entrance is belled up but that doesn't mean it's not vunerable and I'm not looking forwards to the day when I find someone's tried to get in (and i'm sure it'll happen somewhere down the line) cos they thieving scroats are brasin as hell and will still try if they *think* (I use the term loosely) they can get in and have a brief look-see.

I've heard some bikers have their pricey frames, moulded/comp panels and other bits like seats injection "chipped" for anti-theft purposes and it's a system recognised by the UK insurers to but it ain't cheap. Furthermore, I'm not sure what companies actually do the work either but would you want your doors, boot, bonet and otehr bits doing? If so, maybe a group buy between all the clubs would be a good solution for those serious about protecting their cars would be a better idea than using magic markers.

Mink

drsmith1979
03-02-2008, 11:49
there are small identity stickers that have information on them shrunk down like spy microdots! they can't be readily seen but can be checked for quite easily with the right equipment.

I think its worth looking into as its only going to get worse and if there are some insurance breaks for it too then that would offset the expense.

Jamie.
03-02-2008, 12:21
It would need to be legitimate for it to be recognised in court.

No point in paying for something which will not prove anything.

Also you dont want it to be either too noticable for them to rob it and chuck it away, or noticable enough to deter them altogether.

Northy, why didnt your car alarm go off?

Lunner
03-02-2008, 12:50
Thing is its all well and good tagging it but you know it will be on some little shit's car, and you can't go round checking every bonnet

MicKPM
03-02-2008, 13:26
Thing is its all well and good tagging it but you know it will be on some little s**t's car, and you can't go round checking every bonnet

Exactly - I alway padlock my quick releases on the boot and bonet down to. It won't stop the determined theif but it'll cost them time.

I still can't work out why it's not legal to pound these social parasites around the head with a larger breaker bar.

Lunner
03-02-2008, 13:41
TBH wouldn't stop me, once the old red mist took over.......

drsmith1979
03-02-2008, 13:45
this is what potential thieves will be met with if they mess with my truck in the USA....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/drsmith/17052007156.jpg

My Sig 229R .40 S&W.... I'm trained and know how to use it hehe ;)

Shame this country sucks

MicKPM
03-02-2008, 14:00
Nice security device... I love the auto de-cock action on these although I've only ever fired the 226 9mm version. The US get amazing standard issue firearms where as we get the useless Browning.

drsmith1979
03-02-2008, 14:29
the 226 is larger and is more comparable to the 229 tactical full frame model.

i much prefer the .40 round to the 9mm for many reasons! lol. i wouldn't want my life to depend on a 9mm auto pistol, just not enough stopping power for me. .45 is just overkill and the added size of the round means having to carry less rounds or extra mags with a bitch of a recoil etc....

my personal concealed carry weapon is a Taurus Millienium pro PT 140.... once again .40 S&W chambered... carries 10 in the mag + 1 in the chamber cocked and locked.... thats enough for a very small and easily concealable weapon!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/drsmith/20258-1.jpg

home defence:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/drsmith/f1d6ba09.jpg

hehe.... not to mention my custom built AR-15 ;)

AHHHH i love the USA haha

Train with Air marshals and SWAT twice weekly

Jamie.
03-02-2008, 14:47
What the **** do you do?

titcharoony
03-02-2008, 16:21
^shoot people

MicKPM
03-02-2008, 16:39
Northy is gonna tell us off for hijacking his thread but sod it... i've found someone to talk firearms with!!

I hear ya on the 9mm front especially at range cos they never go where you want em to. You say you've got a custom AR15... now that's mint! Modified to make it more compact with a higher RPM rate or to make it better at longer range? I've fired a few A1's before and much prefered them to the UK L85-A1 as they're far less susceptable to gas jams & stoppages but the L85's Bulpup is easier to use in built up areas. Damn 5.56 ball rounds though... too much power and not enough 'punch' so you need to put more piggies down the barrel to drop the damn target.

titcharoony
03-02-2008, 17:53
i like and want a shotgun :)

drsmith1979
03-02-2008, 18:12
I'm a full time lecturer...... part time maniac ;)

The AR-15 is currently set up with a similar spec to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15.....

16" molly chromed barrel,
quad free floating rail,
Flat top mount,
flip up battle sights front and back,
vertical 'gri-pod' front grip - flips out into a bi-pod v.cool piece of kit!
M4 adjustable stock,
Forged lower,
Modified upper - using gas system, although i will be changing it for the newer piston type for reliability and cleaning issues.
Polished, lightened match trigger,
Eotech red dot sight.

Theres more but you get the idea, basically modified for full tactical use and flexibility of roles... besides it looks cool as foook! i use standard army issue remmington .223 rounds, although they are getting expensive due to the Iraq and Afgan wars!

Next purchase?........ US made full poly carbonate composite AK-47 chambered in 7.62 8)

hooo yaaaaaaa

very similar to this, apart from mine doesnt have the fixed front sight:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/drsmith/MVC-459F.jpg

Jamie.
03-02-2008, 18:21
I'm glad I came to yours to pick up that boot. :wink:

Lunner
03-02-2008, 18:22
Aren't there laws against owning hardware like that?

drsmith1979
03-02-2008, 18:55
In the USA? only in certain states... fag states like California lol

MicKPM
03-02-2008, 19:11
Aren't there laws against owning hardware like that?

Yes, in the USA you can go to jail for NOT owning one of these just incase someone gets up in your face one afternoon 8)

DRS - That AR15 has given me a twitch on!! Tell me you walk around the house with that mutha strapped to your chest... I would :D

If more people in the UK owned these things the petty crime levels would be well down and life as a whole would simply be better cos no-one would chance theving your car parts in case you busted that piece of kit loose from your bedroom window in their direction at 3am!

I love the fact you can go to pretty any shopping Mall in the US and Canada and hand over some $$ to rent a sidearm, buy some brass and go to a lane to get some stress relief!

drsmith1979
03-02-2008, 19:20
i got a lot of friends into shooting in the USA, all doctors or PHd lecturers, they do it once a week as a stress releif and to chill out. its such a mind focussing activity, you come out all chilled and relaxed.

I walk around with my concealed carry weapon in most places... concealed of course lol

the AR-15 is always in bits for cleaning so dont get chance to parade with it. I bought a torch and laser mounting kit for my Sig which is the complete bollocks, zero'd it at 50 yard and it is spot on, the torch is ridculously bright, its what the secret service use! wasnt cheap but its great fun and awesome for quickly getting onto centre body mass.

Having guns is a mixed blessing, i wouldnt carry all the time if i didnt feel the need, some people do it for a power trip which is wrong, you have to know when and where you can carry and when the law supports you to get your weapon out. which is why for me every citizen needs to trained in pressure situations.

I shoot twice a week in the UK at my local gun club and shoot at local MOD ranges for larger calibres. its great fun, but its very safety orientated, and being a qualified Range Officer its something i promote with paramount importance. all these gangster wannabes dont know how to handle a weapon, hence why so many survive if they arent shot with the barrel touching their head!

MicKPM
03-02-2008, 19:35
What's wrong with shooting one handed, flying thru the air with the firearm canted on a "GangSta" lean? Seemed to work fine for Rmabo and a massive arc of brass always looks cool a fuk :P

I've not fired a weapon in years now but I remember it was great fun, very technical whilst at the same time very humbling especially when you're 800m away from a Fig.11 target and your single round hits home around a second after you squeeze it off. I've personally never been one for the carrying of a concealed weapon but I understand why it's required in the US in some States.

FATBOY
03-02-2008, 22:39
bugger! sorry to hear this northy! you got a replacement?? i may be able to help you out with one if need be.

keep this on topic guys!

Coops
03-02-2008, 23:06
gun maniacs, go find your own forums :P ........dont shoot me :lol:

northy, thats a pisser mate, amazing what some people will go to with nickin bits of cars, hope you get it all sorted asap

white16valver
04-02-2008, 09:44
As above, bunch of thieving cunts :x

Probably local too, which makes it all the more annoying :evil:

I always check to see if anyone's following me home, just in case, but then I am Mr Paranoid lol

northy
04-02-2008, 11:20
Alarm didnt go off as the battery had gone flat, so that night it was taken off for a charge, and to be refitted monday evening - sods law it was that night it was broken into. Bet they had been coming past for weeks to check thestatus of the alarm.

They didnt do a good job of removing the spoiler - just pulled it off....screws still attached and all!

managed to get a 449 bonnet on my car but i dont recon the 449 432 combo will work. :evil:

Daz.
04-02-2008, 11:47
Alarm didnt go off as the battery had gone flat, so that night it was taken off for a charge, and to be refitted monday evening - sods law it was that night it was broken into. Bet they had been coming past for weeks to check thestatus of the alarm.

They didnt do a good job of removing the spoiler - just pulled it off....screws still attached and all!

managed to get a 449 bonnet on my car but i dont recon the 449 432 combo will work. :evil:

You never know you might start something there!

I was thinking about delocking the willy when I bought new doors from renault but to be honest whats the point? seems the preferred method is as you say bending the doors back :roll:

katbloke
04-02-2008, 13:39
hmmmm, someone saw you take the battery out perhaps? look close to home possibly

white16valver
04-02-2008, 16:06
^^^ aye - this is why I always prefer to do such things after dark!

Tommo
04-02-2008, 17:09
I'm surprised this has happened, I'd imagine it would be difficult for them to shift a bonnet with valvers and williams being so rare now, especially in 432 blue, will stand out like a sore thumb!

Anyway sorry to hear about this mate, it's a sad reflection of the state of this country when you can't even park your car on a driveway without some pikey pinching bits off it! As mentioned, even if the coppers catch them they will get no more than a slap on the wrist, more interested in catching law abiding motorists creeping over the speed limit than little scallys stealing bits off cars unfortunately!

doug2.0
04-02-2008, 23:31
shit brighouse is only 5 mins from me best keep an extra eye on mine!

ill keep an eye out for your bonnet northy theres not many modded clios round here so its bound to show up! t
heyll probably get it sprayed to go on there red bebop or summat! fooking wankers!

oh and check your pm's mate,
need to know about the dogbone group buy and ive got ppl interested now and mines slipping out of secound at high revs so need em soonish!

cheers

J o n
05-02-2008, 16:46
absolutely gutted for you Richy :( not had much look with that car recently :(

MrAtego
05-02-2008, 17:32
tough luck mate, wire the car body upto the mains, watch em fry!! :evil:

doug2.0
05-02-2008, 17:49
then theyll just nick the wings :shock:

northy
05-02-2008, 22:13
im suprised they didnt go through the rest of the car....really pissed me off as it was a mint bonnet.

Shame no one heard anything. Still a few hundred quid lighter in a few months and i will have a mint bonnet back.

spence.77
05-02-2008, 22:51
MY MATE HAD HIS MINT WILLY 1 STOLEN IN SHEF FEW MONTHS BACK. HE DISCONNECTED HIS BATTERY TO CHARGE IT AND RECKON SOMEONE WATCHED HIM DO THAT. THAT NITE THEY BROKE INTO IT OUTSIDE MATES FRONT WINDOW WHILE HE WAS IN, PUSHED IT DOWN STREET BEFORE LOADING IT ON TRAILER OR BUMPIN IT OFF. FOUND IT NEAR ROTHERHAM ON WASTELAND. ****ED ALL THE ELECTRICS ALTERNATOR, IGNITION, WHEELS, PAINTWORK, DOORS ECT ECT. LUCKILY INSURANCE PAID OUT FOR WHOLE REVAMP. CARS LUCKILY BK TO MINT AS NEW.