PDA

View Full Version : valver imobilser....help required urgently!

rik
02-02-2008, 17:46
over the past few days my recently purchased 16v has been giving me greif with the imobilesser....due to the typical sunroof/aerial leak

iv cleaned this up and replaced the batterys in the key fob

everytime day over the past couple of days it has been "fussy" but today i cannot get it to start at all

any way i can by pass the imob or temoparly get it to work....i saty on an island and it costs alot to get the car to a dealer without haveing to pay for two cars so ican tow it there

any help much appreciated as this is pretty urgent!

cheers...rik

Lunner
02-02-2008, 17:55
I believe there is a keyed switch which turns the imob off, either in roof of glove box, or on the far n/s under the dash

rik
02-02-2008, 18:00
I believe there is a keyed switch which turns the imob off, either in roof of glove box, or on the far n/s under the dash

seriously?

il go have a swatch... :D

Lunner
02-02-2008, 18:03
You obvously need the key for it, out of all the cars i';ve brought only one has ever come with the keys for it

rik
02-02-2008, 18:12
You obvously need the key for it, out of all the cars i';ve brought only one has ever come with the keys for it

well ic ouldnt find it anyhow....wouldnt have made a diffrence if it requires another key :(

number1
02-02-2008, 18:49
I didnt think the key worked on the phase2 immobilisers?? i know its built into the ecu, luckyly the last two clios i have bought have had the keys and the one in the glove box seems to disable the car permanantley until you unlock it again

Dave

MatBrown
02-02-2008, 19:23
If its a standard phase 2 immobiliser then fitting a phase 1 ecu will cure the problem, but you will lose the immobiliser.

Mat.

rik
02-02-2008, 20:44
If its a standard phase 2 immobiliser then fitting a phase 1 ecu will cure the problem, but you will lose the immobiliser.

Mat.

that would be great if i had acess to a phase one imob.....

unfortunetly i dont

cheers for the input lads...its appreciated

donsrno1
02-02-2008, 20:51
that would be great if i had acess to a phase one imob.....

unfortunetly i dont

cheers for the input lads...its appreciated

Its the cheapest fix tbh, should only cost you about £15.

rik
02-02-2008, 21:09
yeah?

i sorta need one asap.....i need the car this week really.....no way i can get it to run temporarly?

donsrno1
02-02-2008, 21:12
Not as far as I'm aware without the imobiliser code - that might be in the booklet with the radio code etc though, I'm not really sure but hopefully someone else could confirm.

MatBrown
02-02-2008, 21:13
Where abouts are you?
Someone nearby might have an ECU you could have.

Mat.

1995clio16v
02-02-2008, 21:25
I can vouch for this.

GET A PHASE 1 ECU!

Try andy fielder.

He did me one, usually has a few bits floating round!

I took mine to renault 4 times to get immob re-coded before finally heeding to all's advice on here.

You end up with no remote locking and your immobiliser has gone. But a small price to pay imo

:o

stevie_b
02-02-2008, 21:27
Thought the little key was to switch the alarm system off, so you can disconnect the battery without it blaring away? I thought the immobiliser had to be switched off by typing in the PIN code using some weird combination of flashing the main beam and hitting the brake pedal, or something? Can't remember what the exact controls were but I have the manual somewhere - if you get as far as finding the immobiliser PIN I'll go and find the handbook.

1995clio16v
02-02-2008, 21:29
^^^^

Phase 1 ecu is the only way round your problem mate

I went down all sorts of avenues to try ways round it but no other way im afraid other than you taking it to renault and them pulling your pants down and charging you £100 to re-code, then the ****er leaking again and your back to square one!

Apparently, only renault can re-code the immobiliser/alarm system (according to renault and 3rd parties I spoke to).

:twisted:

Daz.
02-02-2008, 21:47
I'm confused how do you lose remote locking by fitting a ph1 ecu??

rik
02-02-2008, 21:48
im on the isle of arran in SW scotland :?

il stick a notice up in the wanted section.....

cool so i need an ecu...i can live without central locking or an imob

cheers folks :D

1995clio16v
02-02-2008, 21:53

Daz!

Sort me out!

Ever since i fitted the phase1 ecu ive lost my remote locking.

Central locking works but have to use the twatting key every time. Pain in the arse!

I just presumed this was normal...

Daz.
03-02-2008, 01:11
I'll have to try when I get the willy back - I always use the toad now to control central locking but I'm running a ph1 ECU with a gunner chip (for 3 days till that woman hit me!).

I'd like to see if it works!

mossyv6
03-02-2008, 01:21

You dont, you just loose the mk2 immobilser only.

The problem is the water logged sensor by the sunroof, strip it out, dry it, refit it and you should be away again (thats if it aint to badly water damaged!!)

Winston
03-02-2008, 03:19
Ive got a Ph1 ECU

1995clio16v
03-02-2008, 17:57

You dont, you just loose the mk2 immobilser only.

The problem is the water logged sensor by the sunroof, strip it out, dry it, refit it and you should be away again (thats if it aint to badly water damaged!!)

The infra red eye?

Ill have a try at this then. I just presumed it was normal, but obviously not!

Theres hope!

I was thinking of getting an aftermarket alarm but i always end up having second thoughts at spending £200!

:roll: