PDA

View Full Version : intermediate timing belt cover - are renault having a joke?

Wobba
02-02-2008, 11:51
ok, got a bolt off the upper cambelt cover finally, it was the wrong type so gave me even less space than normal to get off.

So here I am thinking I am making progress, but, oh of course not. I cant take it off because the intermediate cover is in the way. So, Haynes says helpfully: just take it off.

Right, so I guess I will be here for another week taking that off now right? I can only see one bolt holding on the cover, but I guess theres more which I cant see and are equally hard to get off.

There is just so much to take off and virtually none of it is easy. Surely this is a joke by Renault?

If I cant get the cylinder head off, or almost, today I just dont have the time anymore to **** about with a car on axle stands in the street and it's off to the scrapyard with it.

Do I have to take the third cover off? How the fuk are people expected to do this without the engine out?

Bayliss
02-02-2008, 12:36
give me a call mate you have PM

Wobba
02-02-2008, 14:07
Thanks Bayliss, I got the blighter off not long after I spoke to you using a screwdriver as mentioned :D

I thn got stuck on the lower timing belt pulley bolt with the aux belt bit. Had to use a breaker bar and found it had been partially threaded and almost rounded the bolt off too.

Wobba
02-02-2008, 14:30
cambelt off! hooray!

Bayliss
02-02-2008, 14:49
glad to be of assistance mate

Wobba
02-02-2008, 17:15
Got the rocker cover off too! And the bolts to the exhaust manifold...bit perplexed by the number of things to take off the head though...it's bewildering.

Found the reason for the headgasket failure too!!!! Not the water pump, but a shitty little T-pipe which has totallt corroded!

white16valver
04-02-2008, 09:47
Well done for getting it sorted :)

It's a complete bitch when you're standing there looking at it, going "How the fcuk do I do this??" but when you've sorted it it's v satisfying 8)

Wobba
04-02-2008, 10:34
Well done for getting it sorted :)

It's a complete bitch when you're standing there looking at it, going "How the fcuk do I do this??" but when you've sorted it it's v satisfying 8)
Aye...at the moment I am stumped every few minutes by something new!

white16valver
04-02-2008, 13:15
I know that feeling well lol

Wobba
04-02-2008, 14:05
I'm leaving the car well alone till Thursday now. Gonna let the scars on my hands repair a bit :lol: ... Not long now then I'll get te bastard done.

white16valver
04-02-2008, 15:06
lol Sweet - stay positive! :D