PDA

View Full Version : Value of my Maxi for possible court case?

Colin_S
01-02-2008, 11:53
Some of you may remember my Clio 16v Maxi, it never got truly finished as the bodyshop messed up the body work the first time and i put it back into them and they have disappeared with it. I'm going through a solicitor and it may come to court and was wondering if some of you guys could advise what you think the car is worth. I don't want you to over state it, just a fair price.

1995 Clio 16v
75,000 miles
Full Service History
Full Maxi Kit with lots of mods
18" Techonomagnesio Alloys
AVO Coilovers
Mongoose Exhaust
Std Interior

http://www.smithspace.co.uk/Maxi001web.jpg
http://www.smithspace.co.uk/Maxi002web.jpg
http://www.smithspace.co.uk/Maxi003web.jpg

Andyvalver
01-02-2008, 12:23
They disapeared with it? :shock:

Coops
01-02-2008, 13:09
no idea am afraid mate, but its a lovely car

seanofnp
01-02-2008, 13:15
decent valver, with mot/tax fsh and mileage like that can go for anything upto 2.3-2.5k then on top of that a maxi kit all fitted etc etc your talking like 4.5k odd worth of car tbh

seanofnp
01-02-2008, 13:16
oh and its freakingly lush too! Im actually in love with it, just needs to be 432 :D

MAXIBOY
01-02-2008, 13:17
well theres two prices really as i have agreed valve on mine...

theres the what you get it you were to sell it around 3/5 grand i assume

and what mine is insured for 20,000 which is what it would cost me to have another one built if i needed to replace it without having to lift a finger myself. ( mine has a higher spec )

so pick a number that suits. if you were having yours rebuilt professionally

base car 2000.00
kit 1500.00
fitting 2500.00
painting 2500.00
wheels 1000.00
coilovers and fitting 600.00 etc

soon adds up...

stevie_b
01-02-2008, 13:33
Wow - lovely looking car. Something like that is so rare that for the purposes of claiming against the people who took it I reckon you go for the higher of what it cost to replace with another one OR what it cost you to build your one. So if you've just spent 10k getting it to that state but people say 'they could be picked up for 5k' then you still go with 10k as you'll likely have receipts etc. to back up all the money spent on it. I know that's what I'd be doing if someone walked off with my car, as to look at it probably looks the same as any other valver you could buy for a grand or two.

midge
01-02-2008, 17:27
as maxi said, if you were to build the exact car again how much would it cost?
if you were to sell it i'd expect 3-5k.
how did they disapear with it?

Daz.
01-02-2008, 17:33
Gutted fella I've still got those pics on my pc - look at it from time to time - what did they do? shut up shop and leave with everything? :shock:

rs250
01-02-2008, 21:40
Maxi kit looks good, how did the bodyshop mess it up?

Colin_S
04-02-2008, 10:07
Cheers guys, i will talk all this through with my lawyer.

Yep shut up shop and off with everything. I went to see them one day and they were gone. The guys next door told me that they put all the cars on a transporter and off they went.

I did get a hold of the guy just after that by e-mail and he told me they had new premises and the car would be finished but that's the last I’ve heard from him.

It does look good from the pictures but there was a list as long as my arm wrong with it including the car had been painted 2 different colour which you could only see when direct sunlight was on it along with sinking body filler, rusting metal which they had wielded on....

white16valver
04-02-2008, 13:16
Someone on CS used to be a private investigator - might be worth seeing if you can get him to contact you and let you know some possible ways of tracking them down if they're being evasive :)

davem
04-02-2008, 18:57
have you thought of involving the police as technically that is theft of a motor vehicle.
Worth naming and shaming the bodyshop and the names of anyone involved in the business so that maybe someone will know them and secondly your car might be returned as someone might have seen it.
Although sounds to me like they went bust and possibly cars have been seized by bailiffs, if thats the case you need to find out fast and write to court to claim the car back.

titcharoony
04-02-2008, 19:19
search through internet for company name, go to post office see where their mail is now sent to. that would give you an idea.