PDA

View Full Version : New Renaultsport Twingo

richy
31-01-2008, 19:59
anyone seen this yet?

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/e-newsletter/images/twingomain.jpg

Twingo Renaultsport is a genuine hot hatch with looks to match and was designed to deliver both enjoyable roadholding and sports performance. Its efficient, balanced chassis has been mated to a fiery but flexible 133hp engine to form a package that is sure to appeal to all those who seek sporting sensations and driving pleasure during everyday motoring.

Unmistakable sporting credentials
Renault has produced an affordable high-performance car which sits alongside Clio and Mégane Renaultsport in the Renaultsport range. Twingo Renaultsport's compact proportions and incisive, assertive styling are taken from the Twingo Concept show car which was unveiled at the 2006 Paris Show. Twingo's existing lines are underpinned by a more curvaceous, athletic stance and the newcomer's sporty calling is further emphasised by its wider front and rear wings, profiled sills and rear spoiler.

Driving pleasure and sporting sensations during everyday motoring
Twingo Renaultsport is the response of Renault Sport Technologies' experts to a two-pronged challenge, namely to deliver sports performance while at the same time ensuring that the new car is easy to use on a day-to-day basis. Twingo Renaultsport’s chassis is both responsive and finely tuned to provide precise, balanced handling, while specific work on its new 133hp 1,598cc engine reveals its punchy temperament.

have to say im quite impressed lol

richy
31-01-2008, 20:01
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/twingo/images/twingo3.jpg
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/twingo/images/twingo2.jpg

Robertio
31-01-2008, 20:34
Doesn't work for me. The wheels are too big and the front bumper should curve back in at some point. Hopefully they will have kept the weight on the right side of the magical 1 ton mark, but looking at it I fear not.

Will be interesting to see what the press make of it, would be nice to have light weight relatively low powered hot hatches making a comeback.

richy
31-01-2008, 20:41
i dont know why but i really like the looks of it, cant wait till we get some in at work lol! test drive time haha :lol:

it says its a 1.6 133bhp but no mention if they have stayed with turbo like the GT or gone to N/A again!

Daz.
31-01-2008, 21:09
I like that ^^ book me in for one two we'll have a drag race :D

richy
31-01-2008, 21:55
lol sounds like fun! :lol:

MatBrown
31-01-2008, 23:33
Yeah, i like that too.
Don't think it will be quick enough tho.

Mat.

Coops
31-01-2008, 23:35
i like it

mat, all modern cars are fat and slow, no worries :wink:

Justin..
31-01-2008, 23:37
poor effort if its a 1.6 turbo with 133 brake!

looks good tho i must admit

richy
31-01-2008, 23:45
from what i found out it isnt a turbo, they have put a n/a 1.6 in, think the max a 1.6 had previously in road cars was 110bhp! (renaults i mean!)

Bailey_1260
31-01-2008, 23:54
Must say im pleasantly suprised.

looks like renault have really listened, still has the edge the concept had looks modern and agressive.

Lets face it it was never going to see the right side of 150bhp but I was thinking more of a 1.4 turbo with circa 115-120.

depending on price i think ill consider one when im looking for a new car in a year or so.

Love how they are going on abouth the chassis though when AFAIK its based on the mk2 floor plan?

titcharoony
01-02-2008, 00:39
hmm i like it but it looks a bit like the fiesta...

Daz.
01-02-2008, 07:52
I reckong though there will be more than enough room in that bay for an F series engine :D

What engine is it based on anyhoo? might buy one and see if theres room for a meggy turbo engine woot :lol:

Coops
01-02-2008, 11:07
size fo modern cars mate could probabyl easily slot a veyron engine in it :wink: :lol:

J o n
01-02-2008, 13:17
it's a 1.6 NA, Jeremy confirmed this on the Renault Sport forum. I'm still unsure about it, looks weird...

Dont think a Megane lump will work either, the gearbox will be too big if they wont even fit in the 197 (apparently)

Swervin_Mervin
01-02-2008, 19:55
Perfect imo. N/A probably revvy as. The GT weighs under a ton, at 980kg unladen so I'd imagine it should make it under the magic 1T mark. Valver/GTi6 pace basically.

Chassis will be intriguing as all teh praise so far for teh Twingo has been directed at how it's more like an old school chassis in that it's supple etc over bumps and flows down a road, rather than being stiff and carshy and just playing on masses of mechanical grip.

richy
02-02-2008, 22:31
yeah i cant see the engine being much heavier then the 1.2, just depends on if anything else gets lobbed in!