PDA

View Full Version : Removing screw on upper cambelt cover...

Wobba
31-01-2008, 11:42
I cant get enough space to get to the screw in the timing belt cover, the one at the bottom underneath the fuel lines.

I unplugged the fuel lines and pulled them back, but the fuel line cover is still very awkward, and the pulley is in the way.

Also someone has replaced the OE torx bolt with another standard bolt.

Do I have to remove all the fuel line cover? It's VERY tight down there and hard to get to anything. This is going to suck when I put things back on...

Wobba
31-01-2008, 11:58
Having had a look at the fuel line cover, where it rubs the aux belt pulley, I can see it has worn all the way through the plastic over the years.

Anyone bought one from Renault before and know the cost of these?

Coops
31-01-2008, 12:00
zip tie the fuel lines, the o/e carrier thats worn through on yours is pants and also as you mention gets in the way, loose it

to get the cam belt cover off, undo engine mount and dogbone then jack the engine up on the sump to pop the lump up far enough to get in easily. bit of an arse to do like but less hassle than strippin the bolts

Wobba
31-01-2008, 12:20
Will it not put strain on the mount under the battery?

Coops
31-01-2008, 12:34
nah be reet mate, them mounts are built to take an engine thrashing about, sittin it on the jack basically replaces the top mount you took off and the dogbone doesnt support any weight. the gearbox top mount has plenty enough play in it to allow you to jack the engine up a lto further than you actually can (it catches on all sorts of shiz when you move it, key is to lift and wiggle!)

Wobba
31-01-2008, 12:39
Ok, I'll take the dogbone off this weekend. I have a new one anyway, so I'll replace it at the same time :D

Old one looks quite manky, though I will keep it just in case I can stick that silicone stuff in and I need another... :)

I just hope it's not raining this weekend, like it is now :(