PDA

View Full Version : clutch

Rory
30-01-2008, 21:40
ive been having problems with the clutch.
some times its hard to get into first, wich i thought was cause of my engine mounts being ****ed and the engine not sitting corectly.
but ive relised if i leave it idling for a while (15-20 mins) it will not go into gear and i have to leave it for half an hour or so.
i spoke to the lad i bought it from and he said he replaced the cable with an non genuine part, i replaced the cable with a spare renault 1 that i had and its still the same.
would this be caused by incorect roughtin of the cable and it geting hot?
i have noticed i dont have the exaused heat sheid, would this also be part of the problem?

Ahmed Bayjoo
30-01-2008, 22:37
had the same problem , it ended up being the pressure plate.

get a full clutch kit from renault (£70) , change gearbox oil to the renault recommended one (elf tranself trj/trx) . im 99%certain problem will dissappear.

Rory
31-01-2008, 17:45
how long did it take u to do? ive done it on a 5 but not on a clio, do u have to drob the subframe and slide the gearbox out?

Coops
31-01-2008, 18:11
yeah, drop subframe on one side. slide box over and should be just enough space to get in on the plate

Rory
31-01-2008, 20:00
is iit posible to leave the drive shafts attached to the box?

Ahmed Bayjoo
31-01-2008, 20:02
yes no need to take driveshafts off

Rory
31-01-2008, 20:16
thanks

alex_e3
31-01-2008, 21:37
Might be your clutch pedal ratchet mate - had the same problem on mine and that was the problem in the end.

Lots of people on here have had exactly the same problem, and in most cases it's been the ratchet mechanism, not the clutch.

Personally, unless you needed a new clutch anyway, i'd change the pedal first, only about £26 or something for the kit. Fiddly to do though - lots of swear words!

Rory
02-02-2008, 17:23
Might be your clutch pedal ratchet mate - had the same problem on mine and that was the problem in the end.

Lots of people on here have had exactly the same problem, and in most cases it's been the ratchet mechanism, not the clutch.

Personally, unless you needed a new clutch anyway, i'd change the pedal first, only about £26 or something for the kit. Fiddly to do though - lots of swear words!
Too late