PDA

View Full Version : back arch hit by a bus

wavy
30-01-2008, 21:24
i cant belive my ****in luck
after a 12 hour shift i was driving home got to a tight section with me n a bus we both stopped exchanged a few gestures then he tried to squeeze past and ripped my mirror off then rubbed down my arch :(
i got out and lost it with him he rang the ****in police coz i was kicking off because he refused to gimmi his name and wouldnt get off the bus to read his own number plate
he would only give me a number above the door on the inside ? which means feck all to me ?
i agree i was kicking off and swearing but he tried saying i was racist and the police said i could end up in court if he makes a complaint?
the only good thing is in front of the copper he stated that i was still and he tried to fit through the gap
in the end no racist complaint was made and we both went home
so tomorrow i will ring the insurance and report it
i aint gonna accept a 50/50 blame my premium is all ready ****ed after i had the bump a few months ago and i think as i was totally stopped with handbrake on i cant be to blame ?? and ideas on that ?

also its the arch that had some rust so if it dosnt cost me no noclaims or excess it wont be as bad
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f236/wavydavyuk/arch.jpg

MatBrown
30-01-2008, 23:10
You don't have much luck do you!
Not got any flights planned i hope? Or was that you coming back from holiday the other week? :wink:

Mat.

number1
30-01-2008, 23:27
Didnt you only just get this fixed?? Most Bus drivers are ignorant W*****S in my experience!!

Gutted to Hear that for you!

wavy
31-01-2008, 00:00
yes i had it fixed a few month ago :(
i wish i did have a flight booked this has ruined my week :(

Winston
31-01-2008, 00:04
Gutted for you Dave :evil:

13 strikes again :(

Tullyvernon
31-01-2008, 00:35
Ragin!! hope you get it all sorted!
I buses drivers!!!! ignorant sods most of them

Coops
31-01-2008, 07:44
real poor mate, hope you can take him to the cleaners

Daz.
31-01-2008, 07:50
:evil:

Seems like the north west willys are taking a pasting recently....

Still I hope it gets sorted - and quicker than mine...

We are now 2 months 1 week without the willy and I'm getting bored stupid - bet the thing seizes up when I get it back!

Allan
31-01-2008, 10:31
I know what you mean Daz, my Civic got rear ended in october, and i still don't have it back!

It was parked outside my house no one in it and an old boy drove into it :S

Lucky really as my williams is normaly parked there !
But since the civic is a 54 plate it didn't get written off :/

MatrixGuy
31-01-2008, 13:51
:evil:

Seems like the north west willys are taking a pasting recently....

Still I hope it gets sorted - and quicker than mine...

We are now 2 months 1 week without the willy and I'm getting bored stupid - bet the thing seizes up when I get it back!

Don't say that bud. :shock:

I am yet to have anything happen to mine!

Hope you get it sorted soon mate, if it's not taxi drivers it's bus drivers! :evil:

northy
12-02-2008, 16:23
bloody hell dave - just seen this. hope u get it sorted sooon mate

bluenose
12-02-2008, 16:51
One of my mate's had his wing mirror took off by a bus that was undertaking us (even though we were doing about 32 in a 30 zone) in the bus lane. Scared the shoite out of me! I looked to my left and there was a bloomin' bus going past us! Left his mirror hanging down and smashed to bits, he tried to claim that my mate was drifting over into the bus lane which he was a good foot and a half away from at point of impact.
Never got anywhere with it though and ending up buying a new mirror out of his own back pocket.
Good luck with it though mate. Worth persevering with as the damage is a bit more serious than what my mate had!

wavy
12-02-2008, 16:59
just had a call today from them they are gonna replace the rear 1/4
whoo hoo 1 less job for me :)
its took a week but they folded haha