PDA

View Full Version : Please help me more clutch problems

edde
10-06-2005, 21:56
There were quite a few people on here who saw the problems my car had at FCS not getting into gear when the engines running and it not liking it at all. The probelm went away on the next day but on the way back for the garage a week or so ago it all gave up.

I cannot get the car into any gear when the engines running however I have the clucth I've tired operating it a few time then trying to get any gear and its just not having it. SO the cars stuck now at home and I've no idea whats wrong. I've replaced the clutch cable (seems the old one was fine) alos I've now changed the clutch pedal spring pretentioner (one hell of an awquard job) and thats not sorted it either.

Here are some pics of the clucth with the pedal released and with the pedal hard to the floor. Alos a picture of the clucth pedal relitive to the other pedal if its any use. I don't know how to make them altomatically work and I only see to have 10 meg a day dowloading.

http://home.ripway.com/2005-6/325283/DSCN0425.JPG
http://home.ripway.com/2005-6/325283/DSCN0426.JPG
http://home.ripway.com/2005-6/325283/DSCN0428.JPG

Can someone tell me or see if there cars the same sort of distance or does the clucth need pulling further to operate?

There no slack in the cable when the pedals released if its any help.
Please somoen must know ahat needs doing I've given up now I'm beginning to wish I'd never bought the car.

northy
10-06-2005, 22:12
carnt help with the lever travel but did it just stop going into gear full stop ?

If u start the car in gear with the clutch pressed what happens ???

Might be looking to see how old the clutch is thats fitted...it could of warn out and not allowing full travel.

richy
10-06-2005, 22:34
has it had a new clutch kit fitted at all edde? pos pressure plate failure or if like mine the friction disc fell into 2!!

edde
10-06-2005, 23:08
It will go onto gear when the engines off ok its not that easy but I've almost forgoten whats its like without it.
You can stick it in gear and start the car but even with the clutch right down the car still moves (thats how I got home).

I think it had an uprated lcutch a while back its Martins old car so maybe the 1/4 miling has killed it but I'm suprised.

Any idea how much £ I'm looking at if its the clutch I'm cheap so want to do it myself but if its to bad a job or not worth the hasle I'll get a garage to do it.

Mark_Ritchspeed
11-06-2005, 10:59
It sounds like the pressure plate has given up the ghost. New clutch required I'm afraid.

Steve a
11-06-2005, 11:48
yeah as mark said probably the pressure plate, this happened to my brothers 205 last month.

richy
11-06-2005, 12:03
pirce of a clutch varies from £30 odd to £100++ depends what u want, could go with a R5GTT clutch kit, suppose to be very good, not tryed one myself fitting cost will vary depends were ya go mate unless someone near u nw lot etc can do it cheap? :)

edde
11-06-2005, 12:35
Its got an R5GTT clutch in at the moment from what I remember Martin saying.

If its just the release bearing and since tahst only a 1 spanner in the Haynes manulk should I give it a go myself?
How long would it take me to do as I need the car for the 24th. Should i give it to a garge to do?

richy
11-06-2005, 12:39
well u can get away with just loosing the subframe and taking a shaft out to slide the end of the gearbox under the inner wing, need ya moutn etc removed , it doesnt take to long to do depends how much u can be arsed lol for a clutch only id just get car in air lower the subframe as much as it will go on the bolts, move any bits that will get in the way to slide end of box under the inner wing, should be enough room to swap the clutch kit, not doen it that way on a williams but have been told its pos

edde
11-06-2005, 12:56
I've given up.

I cannot get a jack under the car at the moment due to where its parked I've never done it before and need to get it working plus the exhuast changed quick, plus I cannot get it off the drive realy to a garage to easily.

I'm about 15 miles couth of Chester if anyone who knows what there doing want to earn some £. Or can recomend anyone.

northy
13-06-2005, 15:09
has anyone sorted this for you yet mate ???

Mark_Ritchspeed
13-06-2005, 17:07
We could do it, but obviously it'll be a fair trek for you and with all the costs invlived may work out cheaper locally.

If you get stuck let me know.

Incidentally, I personally would stick to a genuine Williams clutch from Renault or try Euroshitparts or GSF to see if they also do the genuine part.

edde
13-06-2005, 17:11
We could do it, but obviously it'll be a fair trek for you and with all the costs invlived may work out cheaper locally.

If you get stuck let me know.

Incidentally, I personally would stick to a genuine Williams clutch from Renault or try Euroshitparts or GSF to see if they also do the genuine part.
Thanks for the pocts Northy and Mark.
I'm no longer depressed though I found someone who will come to the house and fix it for a very good price plus more importantly they know what there doing. Also I'm getting them to fit new drive shafts (cv jns are going at the moment) and engine mounts for the car.
Unfortunatly I cannot say who it is or the price I'm being charged as its a bit of a favour

Martin
13-06-2005, 17:19
Good to hear edde..when you off to the ring? I wanna hear about a 9min lap! :wink:

Mark_Ritchspeed
13-06-2005, 17:19
Excellent.

Just stick to a very good quality clutch.

edde
13-06-2005, 18:22
Good to hear edde..when you off to the ring? I wanna hear about a 9min lap! :wink:
9 minutes? Why do you think I'll be going slow? I managed 11 in the dci.
182's blood I'm after.

Will have to try and sort out a video but then again they'll ban you if they see you with one plus might only tempt me to push to hard.

Stock Williams clucth is going. I'll have to see what damage the present clucth has had. Its only the bearing which should have gone but the clucth might as well be changed when its in bits so will have to see what damage Martins 1/4milling did to it.