PDA

View Full Version : is this any use to anyone???

FATBOY
27-01-2008, 16:04
http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/drivesafe-vehicle-camera.htm

looks quiet good?

Lunner
27-01-2008, 16:53
haha.....don't wanna record myself getting road rage :oops:

davem
27-01-2008, 19:28
if the cops found that in my car they would ban me with the evidence!

FATBOY
27-01-2008, 19:56
wondered if it was any good for track action??

white16valver
28-01-2008, 10:18
if the cops found that in my car they would ban me with the evidence!
knowsit lol

doug2.0
28-01-2008, 18:08
they are the new big thing in the US at the moment, although i think they have really good ones that have a harddrive linked to multiple cameras, i think that one looks a bit bob to be honest.

Scougar
05-02-2008, 15:52
You do realise that that it cannot stand up in court as evidence as it is from an unreliable source (us). Normally only video footage taken by the police is actually able to be used in court.

Obviously insurance companies might accept evidence like this though, so it might be worth something. Reckon you could run a much neater solution though with hidden camera's.

Matthew

MatBrown
05-02-2008, 19:06
You do realise that that it cannot stand up in court as evidence as it is from an unreliable source (us). Normally only video footage taken by the police is actually able to be used in court.

Obviously insurance companies might accept evidence like this though, so it might be worth something. Reckon you could run a much neater solution though with hidden camera's.

Matthew

So what about people being prosecuted from footage on Youtube?

Mat.

Scougar
06-02-2008, 08:26
I think that is because it is a civil matter, and not a criminal matter or some carp like that for regular driving offences. The law may have changed, but the last I knew was that it isn't considered 'safe' evidence.

Of course I could be wrong here, and if I am I put my hand up and admit it.

Matthew

Wobba
06-02-2008, 10:20
Evidence from stuff like CCTV is admissable in court due to the fact it's origin and authenticity can be verified. Other footage can and has been used in many cases but is usually subject to a total battering of how useless it is by barristers or CPS.

Hell, even CCTV can be laughed out of court or turned around. Seen it happen.

seanofnp
06-02-2008, 10:34
One of these could be good in my cab actually, just as a visual deterant, most people get in my car and wouldnt think of running anyway, but would be a good deterant.