PDA

View Full Version : Another "the law" thread

Mattie
26-01-2008, 19:21
Police followed me all the way home the other day because i had my fog lights on.... i was advised by the officer thats its an offence and that next time he would give me a ticket.

just wondered what the law actually states RE driving with fog lights on when its not foggy....

i know its an offence, my question is what ticket would / could i get....somthing along the lines of £60 fine or would points on my licence come into play aswell?

Cheers,

Matt :)

ae
26-01-2008, 19:50
i know its an offence

Just turn them off then.......

Andrew

Lunner
26-01-2008, 20:10
Why did you have them on, was following some tit who had them on the other day 2 cars in front flashing the **** outa him, over took, pulled in front and flashed their fog lights off, did the same, and still kept dawdling along at 40 with them on

stevie_b
26-01-2008, 21:13
£30 FPN. No points.

Jamie.
26-01-2008, 23:06
Why did you have them on, was following some tit who had them on the other day 2 cars in front flashing the f**k outa him, over took, pulled in front and flashed their fog lights off, did the same, and still kept dawdling along at 40 with them on

Road rage?

Robb
26-01-2008, 23:47
Why would you have your fog lights on when its no foggy? :|

evouk
27-01-2008, 13:23
agreed £30 fpn or in the USA they may have got out the car and smashed them with a big stick!!!

Lunner
27-01-2008, 14:18
Why did you have them on, was following some tit who had them on the other day 2 cars in front flashing the f**k outa him, over took, pulled in front and flashed their fog lights off, did the same, and still kept dawdling along at 40 with them on

Road rage?

Not at that point, if i'd been sat behind to much longer he'd have got the full beams in permanently.....****ing fog lights were blinding me

FATBOY
27-01-2008, 16:59
front or rear fogs???? you wouldnt have your rear fogs on to0 look cool? would you? were they on by mistake?? i know people have there front fogs on to look cool :lol:

number1
27-01-2008, 19:51
I followed some chap for miles and miles before with his rear foglight on, i kept turning mine on and off to try and get his attention but nothing worked, But foglights and full beam got him irate :lol:

richy
27-01-2008, 20:16
I followed some chap for miles and miles before with his rear foglight on, i kept turning mine on and off to try and get his attention but nothing worked, But foglights and full beam got him irate :lol:

lol my old vtr was good for doing that, had morette twin headlights which are cibie spots on the centre lights, get full beam on and fogs etc to blind ppl lol

not that i did that much :wink:

Tommo
28-01-2008, 18:18
It is classed as a moving traffic offence

titcharoony
28-01-2008, 20:09
i know 4 coppers who's pet hate are people leaving their fogs on. be careful yall! For me its a bit like revving at the lights, i dont do it when i dont need to because I dont want to be seen as a chav.
Fogs on in needless weather? : chavtastic.

Mattie
28-01-2008, 22:59
thanks for your input guys...

the reason i drive with them on is because i think it gives the clio more presence on the road and a meaner look.... as the fog lights are positioned further out / wider than the headlights it brings the shape of the front end out....

tbh i dont understand y alot of people get pissed off about people driving with them on when its not foggy???

white16valver
29-01-2008, 13:08
the reason i drive with them on is because i think it gives the clio more presence on the road and a meaner look.... as the fog lights are positioned further out / wider than the headlights it brings the shape of the front end out....
LOL

Lights are there to either help people see you (sidelights in town) or help you see people and the road (out of town), not to make a car look 'good'! :lol:

tbh i dont understand y alot of people get pissed off about people driving with them on when its not foggy???
Because they're usually irritatingly bright and completely unnecessary - if I shone a torch in your face when you were trying to see where you were going, would that not perhaps annoy you??

Dipped beam round town when only sidelights are necessary (and still legal) annoys me enough, nevermind another set of lights shining in my eyes lol

summeh
29-01-2008, 13:32
Dipped beam round town when only sidelights are necessary (and still legal) annoys me enough, nevermind another set of lights shining in my eyes lol

Thats why your interior mirror has the tilt/dim function :)

white16valver
29-01-2008, 13:41
I mean dipped beam, not main beam ;)

You can drive legally in 30mph zones with only your sidelights on, and your car and the road you're travelling on is illuminated by the streetlights - why do people need to have 100w of bulbs lighting up the 30 feet in front of them that they can see by streetlight alone, reducing people's visibility past them and creating glare, especially when wet?

'In the old days' people always used to use sidelights only round town - people only need to see you, you don't need to illuminate the road in front of you.

Now, no-one seems to understand that there is actually a middle stage between headlights off and dipped beam on :roll:
(I read something the other day that said 4m people don't know their car has sidelights. Er, hello??)

Anyway, this is a favourite rant of mine lol so I'll leave it there ;) lol :lol:

Tullyvernon
06-02-2008, 01:53
I use the sidelights! lol
I also like the look of front fogs, dont hav them on when its not foggy though. I cant understant why people hate people who have their front fogs on????? i never notice being blinded by them, think its just people who get irritated by them, blind them selves by looking at them when they meet a car with them on?? :lol:

Scougar
06-02-2008, 08:36
I find modern front headlights worse than any foglights (Especially SUV's whose lights are right in your mirror or eyes).

The rear fog is a pain in the butt though as it is pretty damn bright when no fog around.

To be honest, I think the problem is that fog lights are often referred to by manufacturers as 'Driving Lights', wish makes people think they are for well... proper drivers lol.

Matthew