PDA

View Full Version : Clio 16v - Water retention/leak in sunroof/interior light

reckre
23-01-2008, 21:54
Hi,

Just taken the 16v Clio I bought recently out for a quick spin and water poured on me from the sunroof and around the interior light area. Safe to say the interior light didn't work!

Is this purely because the area and sunroof seals have gone and need replacing? Any suggestions please?

Also, the digital part of the dashboard isn't working. Does this mean a new dash or is there an easier fix?

Many thanks
Sean

Coops
23-01-2008, 22:24
temp display in the dash? just take the clocks out and replace the bulb

sunroof, use the forum search,its a common issue, can be either glass to roof frame seal or the seal between the frame and the metal roof of the car itself

MatBrown
23-01-2008, 22:45
Yeah, try changing the bulbs for the temp display first, if it is knackered i have a spare.

Mat.

reckre
24-01-2008, 10:47
Ok great, I'm getting the body work tarted up once it has passed its MOT so I'll get them to reseal the sunroof and aerial.

The temp display lights up - but nothing is displayed so I presume the bulb is present it just isn't working?

Are they easy to remove? I don't want to change the clocks as the car only has 94k miles on it. How much for that part coops?

Thanks
Sean

reckre
24-01-2008, 10:52
Sorry, how much for the display Mat?

Thanks

white16valver
24-01-2008, 15:31
The temp display lights up - but nothing is displayed so I presume the bulb is present it just isn't working?
So the rectangle lights up in the yellowy-orange colour but there are no digits displayed?

Not sure what that is - I would have thought it would have displayed some digits, even if they were wrong!

Coops
24-01-2008, 19:17
nah, theres 2 bulbs in there iirc, ones the backlight and ones the displayed digits