PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Parts

Smudger
22-01-2008, 13:54
Im looking to renew the suspension on my williams with in the next month or so but just wanted to ask peoples opinions on where to get the bits.

Im after the following so if anyone can advise on where to get them and prices it would be great.

New lower wishbones complete (bushes, ball joint etc)
Damper top mounts (bearings, rubbers etc)
Anti-roll bar bushes (Uprated prefered)
Track rod ends

In addition to this;

Engine mounts

Cheers guys

u33db
22-01-2008, 14:01
I'd say GSF with the exception of the uprated ARB bushes

white16valver
22-01-2008, 14:37
Engine mounts from Renault aren't too bad, and you can get an uprated dogbone mount from Hillpower for about £50 I think, or I think you can get a normal one and bodge it like in a thread on here ;) lol

It's a good plan to refresh it though - will make a big difference! :D

Smudger
22-01-2008, 14:41
It's a good plan to refresh it though - will make a big difference! :D

i agree, lately its been feeling a bit wollowy, gonna get new springs and shocks too

make it the car it should be :rally:

white16valver
22-01-2008, 14:49
When Mat refreshed mine it felt sweet - nice and tight and handled really well, a million times better than the sloppy, sagged valver setup that was on there! :D

Shocks aren't too pricey from renault (get rears too ;)) but new springs are £££. You can use 172 springs as they're the same model number (I think) or get the 172 Cup springs for a slightly lower ride height :) and they're cheap secondhand from ClioSport or similar!

Smudger
22-01-2008, 15:13
thats exactly what ive been looking at, the cup 172 springs and new dampers.

be nice to see just how bad the set up is on the willy at the moment once its done. I have feeling im gonna be pretty surprised

white16valver
22-01-2008, 18:37
You will be!

New stuff makes the handling razor-sharp, especially when compared to my sloppy valver setup :)

The only problem is that I keep expecting it to understeer and it just doesn't, which means I end up almost clipping roundabouts as I'm expecting it to wash a bit wide then it doesn't lol :lol:

Smudger
17-02-2008, 16:55
Could anyone help me for part numbers for the following from Renault

Track rod ends

Thanks

Lunner
17-02-2008, 17:14
Don't get the dogbone from gsf they are completely toss

Smudger
17-02-2008, 17:19
Don't get the dogbone from gsf they are completely toss

ill stay away from that then.

is there much benefit from fitting the dogbone mount?

Lunner
17-02-2008, 19:44
yeah stops the engine rocking back and forth, have a look in grp buy section, there was one going on for them, powerflex ones

Smudger
28-02-2008, 15:17
Im looking to renew the suspension on my williams with in the next month or so but just wanted to ask peoples opinions on where to get the bits.

Im after the following so if anyone can advise on where to get them and prices it would be great.

Track rod ends

In addition to this;

Engine mounts

Cheers guys

with regard to my post above can anyone advise of on the right part numbers for the items from GSF or Renault?

Thanks

evouk
28-02-2008, 15:19
see my for sale thread soon, i have some shocks for sale

Smudger
28-02-2008, 18:30
ive just posted on it mate

:wink:

northy
28-02-2008, 19:31
get new control arms (that the track rods screw into) aswell as ive just done mine as they were worn (90k)

stevie_b
28-02-2008, 21:16
I presume that is these bits then?

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j299/2stis/tca.jpg

I presume they bolt on somehow under that rubber gaitor then? Or do they screw in too? How do you know they are worn? Mine don't look in great nick so I might replace them - but there is no play I can feel at the moment. Any idea how much they are?

Oh, and does anyone know if the PAS rack TCAs are interchangeable with the manual rack TCAs as I'm sure the ones off the original PAS rack from my own car are in much better nick. They are male ends rather than these female end ones though - any pros and cons with going either route on those?

northy
28-02-2008, 22:39
yes mate

The new ones are solid and dont move easily on the knuckle. my old one was well floppy and when u pulled it had some play in.

Take the gaitor off, and using mole grips undo the arm with the knuckle join on. Once it turns a bit u will brake the washer inside, warm it up with a blow torch and it will undo....so glad i did mine now...they were well worn!

Link provided by Richy :wink: www.eurocarparts.com

part numbers - 600745060 & 600745370 £36.46 each