PDA

View Full Version : Best 4 pots

Evogone
21-01-2008, 01:55
Obviously there is a £££ element here but who has what and whats the feedback.

Regards Wilwoods some questions:-

1. Whats the difference in calipers, particularly the one people commonly use (what the difference between the 05 vs 06 caliper)

2. What are the cost ?

3. What pads can you use and how much do these cost ?

4. What disc option are there (size and 2pcs) ?

Usage will be purley track / competition.

Cheers

MAXIBOY
21-01-2008, 08:49
best are ap or brembo

J o n
21-01-2008, 12:55
AP's or Brembo as above, imo the Wilwoods aren't that great on track... well, not on a 182, but they weigh a fair bit more than a valver

richy
21-01-2008, 22:57
Obviously there is a £££ element here but who has what and whats the feedback.

Regards Wilwoods some questions:-

1. Whats the difference in calipers, particularly the one people commonly use (what the difference between the 05 vs 06 caliper)

2. What are the cost ?

3. What pads can you use and how much do these cost ?

4. What disc option are there (size and 2pcs) ?

Usage will be purley track / competition.

Cheers

as said the best if money if no worry is AP/brembo etc

i have wilwood dynalites(forged) on my 16v trackcar and have used them since early 05 and never had a problem and had a few mates who have driven it on track and road and comented on how good the brakes are!

as for the q's 1/2/ and 4

1, not sure on the difference in 05 and 06, although i know they did change from billet to forged calipers around 2004/05 time

2, cost, have a look on www.rallydesign.co.uk they sell the wilwoods

3, i run wilwood POLY E pads and had no problems, again on rallydesign they have a list of different pad grades for the wilwoods

4, mine are fitted to std size williams/16v discs and brackets accordingly, but there is some ppl running them on 285mm and even 300mm 2peice i beleive