PDA

View Full Version : Just sold the Willy.... end of an era!

drsmith1979
19-01-2008, 19:25
Well just stood by the window and watched my beloved Willy 3 drive off for good!... was surreal experience to be honest! loved that car and put loads of time, love and attention into it...

Sadly, as some of you may know i am going to the USA with my work and need as much money as possible due to the ever changing laws and exchange rate...

Glad to know its gone to a fellow owners club member who will thrash the buggery out of it..... just like its supposed to be hehe 8)

Needless to say, i will still be in and around the forum even though i have moved on to pastures new...

if anyone wants any body parts etc... check out my for sale items, all need to go!

just wanted to say thanks on this emotional evening....... :lol:

MAXIBOY
19-01-2008, 19:27
best of luck in yank land mate... :D

wavy
19-01-2008, 20:23
shit happens mate but you will love usa
pitty you couldnt take it they wont of seen any thing like that over there
but theres no corners to thrash so would of been boring
all the best :)

titcharoony
19-01-2008, 20:29
yeah dude all the best

drsmith1979
19-01-2008, 21:42
cheers gentlemen, mucho appreciated!

im only going for 3months initially then will be back for 1 to have my interview with the US embassy in London, been trying to relocate there permanently for 3 or 4 years (7-8yrs working there on and off) so a long drawn out process!

Just have to make do with my 5.7litre hemi :twisted:

haha love it,

no doubt i will be back in the fold soon enough.... defo thinking of shipping a good willy over there if i move, would eat most things over there! and the grin factor haha

doug2.0
19-01-2008, 22:15
it must have been hard, get one shipped over like you say, 41p per litre you could run it all week on a tenner! would turn some heads too, there fast car scene is based on musclecars ricers and some veedubs so they wouldn't know what to do seeing that diamond and bonnet bulge snarling at their tail end lol

drsmith1979
19-01-2008, 22:18
well i measured the truck i use for work, it will almost fit on the back! haha so can do it all knightrider and drive around with it on my truck bed with a canopy on then drive off for some fun!

having said that, there are some seriously modified Evo9's where i live, all strokered and pushing well over 700bhp so may have some competition! haha

although it would be great to have a race with a big **** off corvette and muller it 8)

bill.
19-01-2008, 22:49
what did you get for it pal? and what was the spec? mine might be goign soon! :cry:

fasterthanjesus
20-01-2008, 08:37
export it.

im currently in adelaide and am thinking about shipping me and the old girl to oz. the wife and child may come along too!