PDA

View Full Version : It gets worse! Will I ever get the willy back?!?!

Daz.
18-01-2008, 14:05
Just had to let the bodyshop order a new bloody subframe for the willy - the one on my car was disgusting!

It just broke where ever you put any kind of force on - there was no front rail left at all to mount the rad on!

Because its not actually part of the accident and due to cost the insurance wouldn't pay for a new one so to get the car finished it was down to me to pay for a new willy one.

Also to make it more annoying it has to be BRAND NEW item due to inurance rules...

So I'm over £300 out of pocket now :roll:

Mind you it does mean that every panel and support will be brand spanking new and the car will be about as strong as it can be front end wise...

In a way I'm glad it happened because had I been in a heavy shunt I'd have taken a lot of the impact and probably had an F7R in my lap :lol:

Oh which remind me now I've seen one with half its front missing I reckon I could piss easy to my own basic work on one - even know now where the F7 plate is on the block :lol:

Lunner
18-01-2008, 14:08
Engine is mounted to the chassis not sub frame ;).....so no worries about a weak subframe causing the engine to drop out lol

Daz.
18-01-2008, 14:12
I know I meant with all the front panels being basically shit there would have been little resistance from them so the force of a crash would be felt by the engine more and not have been 'softened' so to speak by the supposed strong points...

You know what I mean :lol:

Lunner
18-01-2008, 14:13
i know, i'm just bored and being arguementative :lol: :twisted:

Daz.
18-01-2008, 14:15
And I'm tired from only having 2 hours sleep on nights and being woken up with shit news and am questioning everything :lol:

Lunner
18-01-2008, 14:20
I only had 2 hours sleep last night......doing a full time uni course, having an active social life, a bird, and working 30 hours a week, and trying to build my clio dont' leave alot of time for anything

Daz.
18-01-2008, 14:53
Sounds like your having as much fun as I am :lol:

Wobba
18-01-2008, 15:08
A new subframe, oh well. At least you kow it will be pukka, and it will soon all be a distant memory when you get it all fixed and safely home :)

white16valver
18-01-2008, 19:14
Engine is mounted to the chassis not sub frame ;).....so no worries about a weak subframe causing the engine to drop out lol
*confused*

I thought you had to support the engine with a jack if you were dropping the subframe for whatever reason?

Though I may have got hold of the wrong end of the stick... :oops: lol

MAXIBOY
18-01-2008, 19:25
engine will sit in the bay on the mounts without subframe.

need to support it on a jack when you remove the top mounts too do a belt change/ remove head etc

richy
18-01-2008, 19:35
id have the subframe off and get it painted etc before it ends up rusty lol

MAXIBOY
18-01-2008, 19:57
mmm. get it powder coated

Lunner
18-01-2008, 20:45
*confused*

I thought you had to support the engine with a jack if you were dropping the subframe for whatever reason?

Though I may have got hold of the wrong end of the stick... :oops: lol

TBH i think you've got hold of the wrong stick altogether :wink: :lol:

Daz.
18-01-2008, 21:27
I'm getting it treated before it goes on - same with all the new front end stuff - bloodyhell this car may end up with zero rust! :shock:

DaveH
18-01-2008, 22:40
Its odd how you say they have to have a brand new one due to insurance rules yet they are washing their hands of it as it wasnt affected in the accident so surely they can stuff their rules?

richy
18-01-2008, 23:21
problem is it problerly wasnt quoted in the estimate to the insurence company so someone has to fork out and the bodyshop wont want to do that! know from experience of working in a bodyshop!

arj256
19-01-2008, 19:57
Thats annoying having to buy a new one.
Least the front end and underneith will look all mint.
Be good having a subframe which has no corrosion.

wavy
19-01-2008, 20:54
when mine was in the body shop (through insuranvce) they said i could supply 2nd hand parts if i wanted to lower the price of the work
in the end all new went on but i did have the option to supply my own gear ?

Justin..
19-01-2008, 21:02
prob depends if its a pikey garage and they claim for the money for new parts

wavy
19-01-2008, 21:27
yes i was suspicious when i paid the toothless old lady in the caravan when i went to pick it up :lol:

Daz.
20-01-2008, 22:30
yes i was suspicious when i paid the toothless old lady in the caravan when i went to pick it up :lol:

:lol:

The shop said I could you second hand actually but then said please don't though :lol:

The inspector was insisting it was new and to be fair he's the one I need the ass lick at the moment I'm already over budget with insurance payout its only because my garage insisted it was fixed that it got the nod - its gonna cost them around £1,900 Graham said for everything...

Plus the new one arrives tommorow hopefully and I wanted the car back asap - could have took a bit longer to source a second hand one.

drsmith1979
20-01-2008, 23:25
at least you are getting a right pucka job! will come back better than when you last had it! haha comedy central

Daz.
20-01-2008, 23:29
I might get them to spray the subframe yellow 8)

drsmith1979
20-01-2008, 23:47
dont spray it, get it powder coated!