PDA

View Full Version : Doh!

Coops
17-01-2008, 22:41
went up to Bayliss' last night to track the turbo with his uncles laser tracking kit.

was a mixed bag of a night, sorted the trackin out, was miles out, pulling to the left badly but thankfully not seized so easy to sort, plus am running some tasty if slightly lob sided camber, 2 degrees one side, 3 degrees the other :lol:

nipped up rocker as it was leakin a bit of oil and resealed the exhaust when it was up on ramps

so all going well

then........

sill gave in on the jack and bent under on front drivers side...not badly really but still a bit annoying and paints flaked, so i'll need to straighten, rust treat and repaint that

and coming off the ramps the exhaust clipped the cross memeber of the ramp and got wedged, not too badly i thought so rolled off anyway. now i have a bad blow in the exhaust somewhere near the turbo, cant figure out if its manifold to head, manifold to turbo or turbo to downpipe joint or what. i'm thinking downpipe was crushed by exhaust strike (no give in ssytem) and its cracked at the joints

then tried to align xenons, snapped adjuster screw off the brand new drivers side headlight, altho was aligned right in the end so not all bad

all in all a mixed bag of a day and was good to stretch the turbos legs up the motorway, ****in quick it is, ask mark :wink:

anyway, i'll crack the d/p off before rr day and see whats going on, fingers crossed its a simple weld up job and i can run the car on feb 2nd

Coops

griffo20022
17-01-2008, 23:02
Lmao odd cambers? Can't be healthy lol, like you say a mixed bag hehe

I MUST get my car all tracked up n stuff!

Coops
17-01-2008, 23:23
yeah bit weird, its the FK's throwin it off, need to grind my hubs down to get proper camber adjustment

MAXIBOY
17-01-2008, 23:52
sorry to hear this coops. best of luck with getting it sorted....

p.s hows the kitchen..

Coops
17-01-2008, 23:53
still on order mate, builders comin next week and plasterer to see about my wall woes and electrics etc 8)

MAXIBOY
17-01-2008, 23:55
i would help if i was closer... 8)

Coops
17-01-2008, 23:57
cheers matey, get the turbo runnin, only take you ten mins get here :)

Crossers
18-01-2008, 01:57
Tubby's are awesome aren't they! Never fails to put a huge grin on my face every time i accelerate!

I blew the manifold/turbo gasket a few weeks back on mine, ****ing irritating, i can't be arsed fixing it...everything's so fiddly!

Paul

Daz.
18-01-2008, 08:04
Coops fella I had BOTH screws on both headlights go when I tried to alter mine!

Had to buy new ones AGAIN - was so pissed off I bought manual ones as its far far easier to do!

white16valver
18-01-2008, 09:56
Is that the white or black plastic screw thing that sits at the top at the back of the headlight unit?

One of mine's come off :roll: so I've had to sort some secondhand ones so I don't blind people! Fecking things... lol

Coops
22-01-2008, 00:01
white nut, 7mm iirc, on top of unit accessed through hole cut in slam panel