PDA

View Full Version : Alarm

KingStromba
09-06-2005, 22:08
I have a box in my engine bay that says Foxguard on it. I am assuming this is my alarm. On it is a round hole, for which i have a key.

Is this to turn the alarm off?

Also does anyone have a picture of the factory alarm/ imobiliser? I have a slot in the dash to the right of the drivers wheelthat takes a small key with a 'G' on it. Is this the factory imobiliser?

Martin
09-06-2005, 22:10
I have a box in my engine bay that says Foxguard on it. I am assuming this is my alarm. On it is a round hole, for which i have a key.

Is this to turn the alarm off? Yes

Also does anyone have a picture of the factory alarm/ imobiliser? I have a slot in the dash to the right of the drivers wheelthat takes a small key with a 'G' on it. Is this the factory imobiliser? dunno, probably!

KingStromba
09-06-2005, 22:15
Cheers mate, dead helpful :roll:

scotte666
09-06-2005, 22:18
i assume it will be different to the 3?

scotte666
09-06-2005, 22:20
[quote="King Stromba"]I have a box in my engine bay that says Foxguard on it. I am assuming this is my alarm. On it is a round hole, for which i have a key.

Is this to turn the alarm off? yes probaly

Also does anyone have a picture of the factory alarm/ imobiliser? I have a slot in the dash to the right of the drivers wheelthat takes a small key with a 'G' on it. Is this the factory imobiliser?[/quote

where?

KingStromba
09-06-2005, 22:33
Right side of the steering wheel. Slot. I put a flat key in it before i can start the engine. The flat key has 'G' on it

scotte666
09-06-2005, 22:38
sounds like a cat 2 immobiliser that would have been aftermarket fitted reno wouldnt have fitted that.i used to have 1 on my nova gsi and astra gte.just touch the key in and it disarms the immobiliser.the newer better ones have codes in them and they disarm automatically when u get in the car and it recognises the key/fob...no need to waste valuble seconds of life turning it off

scotte666
09-06-2005, 22:39
u got a pic of it?

KingStromba
10-06-2005, 00:07
I think Smokey McPot has the same thing. Yes ill get a pic tomorrow.

Rudders16v
10-06-2005, 09:37
Mines just got a Cobra alarm/immobiliser, thought that was the standard one? Its a black key fob with a green button, and a yellow square which does nothing