PDA

View Full Version : FAO of all financial experts.....

Tommo
15-01-2008, 14:29
What's the deal with all these online companies which can claim back unfair bank charges. Don't know much about it but been looking at this one https://claimingbackbankcharges.com/ are they any good? Anyone won a claim using one of these companies? My bank really pissed me off this morning so I want to claim back all bank charges from the past 6 yrs!

white16valver
15-01-2008, 15:13
You can do it yourself with template letters and then you won't have to pay silly charges to a company to copy and paste your details into their template ;) lol

Someone on here's definitely done it - see if you can have a search for bank charges or something :)

Other than that, get googling for a free template letter. Thisismoney may be a good site to check!

stevie_b
15-01-2008, 15:44
No harm in putting a claim together as they may pay out, but it is unlikely at the moment since the whole thing is on hold pending a test case between the OFT and the banks. The FSA have ruled that the banks don't need to take any action with regards compensation/refunds until the outcome of that, which could take many months (and when either side loses it is likely to go to appeal, taking even longer)

stevie_b
15-01-2008, 15:56
The banks that the FSA has agreed do not need to process any complaints about unfair charges at the moment can be found here:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/waivers/details_disp.pdf

If you bank with a company not on that list then it is still worth putting a claim in now, otherwise you'll now have to wait until the case is decided.

FATBOY
15-01-2008, 19:27
i done mine early last year and got £170 back! mate done his and got just under £1.3K back!!!! dont get a company to do you tho, its a con, easy to do yourself by following online instructions and using the template letters. think its harder to get them to pay out now! but i suppose its worth a try

MAXIBOY
15-01-2008, 22:55
yeah company asked about takes a 1/3

stevie_b
15-01-2008, 23:32
Also with £176.25 being the minimum fee, so you'd need to be expecting a decent sized claim to avoid them gobbling it all up (e.g. Fatboy would have still owed them 6.25 in his example, had he used these guys to claim his money back!)

Tommo
16-01-2008, 12:28
Cheers for the advice fellas, I should have just done a search on bank charges! lol! As stevie_b says, banks don't seem to be processing any claims at the moment due to the test case, but I'll send off for my bank statements anyway and put a claim in, won't do any harm. Some of them online companies want 25%! Been lookin at Martin Lewis' moneysavingexpert.com, gives some good adivuce on there!

Tommo
16-01-2008, 12:31
^^^That was supposed to say 'advice'! Damn edit button!!!

seanofnp
16-01-2008, 13:50
I got back £1200.

Did it myself too.

Smudger
16-01-2008, 14:25
id hold back on claiming untill this is over

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7178766.stm

if the banks win then ta ta to any kind of claiming back

simonr85
16-01-2008, 16:41
i did mine a few days ago and got a letter from the bank yesterday saying what somebody above posted about the FSA, they say they will keep my complaint till the bank vs financial ombudsmun court case is over, so id say its still worth doing, anyone want the template, PM me your email addy!

1995clio16v
16-02-2008, 00:45
What's the deal with all these online companies which can claim back unfair bank charges. Don't know much about it but been looking at this one https://claimingbackbankcharges.com/ are they any good? Anyone won a claim using one of these companies? My bank really pissed me off this morning so I want to claim back all bank charges from the past 6 yrs!

NO NO NO!!

Do it all yourself!

I claimed back nearly 2k in charges. I claimed back over period of 7 years. You can also claim back interest on your charge at the current rate. So if you have £40 charge from 7 years ago for example, the amount you claim back is a lot, or at least attempt to claim back. There is a template on the below site that calculates this for you. Theres even a template letter on there so its all done for you. You just put the figures in.

The best website FACT, other than this one of course is moneysavingexpert

The guy is a genius. Theres loads of other good stuff on there too.

Its a total ball-ache doing it, but well worth it when u get the fat cheque through the post!

Im happy to give any advice to anyone that needs it as Ive done it all!

:o

Swervin_Mervin
19-02-2008, 21:39
I've also done it myself.

WOuldn't bother at the moment though as the whole process is suspended awaiting the outcome of the court case.