PDA

View Full Version : a question

rob-legend
13-01-2008, 19:47
rite guys/girls, I have taken the Williams off the road to do some work on it and save up some cash, but I was wondering what I should do to keep it mechanically sound as it will be sat still for quite a while (a year or so) all I have done is disconnect the battery so far, anything else I should do? ( the car has just below a quarter of a tank of fuel, if that matters at all)

Also, I don't have a garage, so the Williams will be tucked up on the drive, so can anyone suggest a good cover I could buy? (one that can be tied tighly in place would be best cheers 8) :wink: )

Thanks. Rob 8)

Lunner
13-01-2008, 21:57
Get a breathable one, markets are often best places for them :)

Daz.
13-01-2008, 22:28
handbrake off stick it in gear, overinflate the tyres if its not going to move for a long time - If it was me I'd maybe start it every few weeks and let everything warm up?

number1
14-01-2008, 10:55
Id be inclined to take the plugs out and put a drop of oil down the bores to stop the rings gumming up to the piston and hopefully stop the bores from getting surface rust, make sure you put the plugs back in tho
Put some wood underneath each of the tyres too, as daz said overinflate the tyres, maybe one of them protection coats which some people do for winter as in a certain polish, make sure its completly dry inside too because i left my old valver for a month and it had grown a bit of moss inside on the steering wheel and seats

drsmith1979
14-01-2008, 15:06
if you are leaving it for a while you can buy a 'storage' fuel addative which stops it breaking down and congealing, worth it for me