PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interest - Grp A adjustable rear dampers

MicKPM
11-01-2008, 13:25
Very shortly I'm upgrading my rear damper setup to remote Ohlin units so I will have forsale a set of Koni adjustable rear dampers that came off an ex-Megane Cup car [(Mk1, NOT Mk2)[/i] from Belgium. They're currently fitted to my car so the only photo i have, whilst not the greatest, will give you an idea of what it is i'm on about:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/MicKPM/BTCC%2019/th_IMG_3472.jpg (http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/MicKPM/BTCC%2019/IMG_3472.jpg)

The Koni units (PHOTO ABOVE: Remoteless with red spring fitted) are in perfect working order with clean threads, no leaks and as they're a sensible tube Dia. they take sensible spring sizes that can be bought for very little from Avo or similar. They will come with the springs currently fitted however I'm not sure what Ilb-age they are but I can test them to find out.

Would there be any serious interest for them over here from one of the Track Dayers as I believe they'll go on to a Clio rear beam running a reduced ride height without any fuss?

Mick

Lunner
11-01-2008, 15:13
Would defo be very interested depending on price, my avo's are shot

Put me down for first dibs on them

AndyFielder
11-01-2008, 15:13
does this mean we could do away with our torsion bars, i dont understand the extra sping and what this would do

Lunner
11-01-2008, 15:15
Still gotta run the torsion bar, but it means just can adjust the spring rate and damper rate, like you can on the front using different poundages of springs, only other option to 'stiffen' the arse end up would be to adjust the damping force only or get an uprated rear beam

MicKPM
11-01-2008, 15:19
Yes, you could do away with torsion bars and keep the trailing arms and ARB setup... if you wanted to of course or you could just run them in conjunction with the T-Bars and some weaker springs to give an improved rear damper setup along side a reduced ride height.

I would sooner they go to someone who's going to use them rather than try to turn a quick profit on them cos they're not something you can just buy off the shelf (Or the Koni website for that matter)