PDA

View Full Version : couple of problems

plunky
10-01-2008, 20:17
i have a mk1 1.4 and have rescently had the headgasket changed as it went! i have noticed that my coolant seems to dissappear quite quickly which means i have to top it up all the time and its also a browny colour, not coolant colour. can anyone shed any light on this?

also on start up first thing in the morning the car is really lumpy and sounds like its really struggling to start and splutters a lot. sometimes it will just cut out but then i will turn the key agen and it will start. i have changed the dizzy cap and rotar arm. could this be the ht leads? as the spark plugs have been changed rescently too. or could it be a bad earth?

any help would be great cheers

Liam

titcharoony
10-01-2008, 20:52
start the car from cold with the water tank cap off. if it bubbles heavily, your headgasket has gone.

plunky
10-01-2008, 20:58
the headgasket was only done about a month though. is it possible for it to go again?

m4rkj
10-01-2008, 21:03
it could be possible for it to go again check under the oil filler cap if there is a white milky substance there then it is the gasket also does it kick out any white smoke??

plunky
10-01-2008, 21:03
just gone out and it does bubble on start up, but only a bit.