PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought a Valver!

harvythehippo
10-01-2008, 15:27
hi.

i have just bought my first valver! its a 1991 plate in willy 449 blue. will get pics up next time i go to my parents garage where i am keeping it. I would be interested to know if there is a 6 speed box that will fit a 2.0 litre willy engine. (incase i decide to go for the upgrade) also is anyone selling a willy engine? are the oil dials supposed to work when the car is running? as the oil level gauge is the only one i have seen working and that is only when the car has the ignition on but not running.

Harvy

drsmith1979
10-01-2008, 15:32
the oil level flicks on when the ignition is put on and the car starts, it then turns itself off and the needle drops to zero.. obviously the temp will only increase when the oil is sufficiently hot so you may need to run the car for a while, the oil pressure should rise as soon as the car starts to indicate a good oil pressure, if not could be a fuse or dodgey wire, just check the oil level on the dipstick and colour to be safe

wavy
10-01-2008, 16:17
i think the only way you will get 6 speed box is to pay 6 or 7k for a sequential<sp> dogs bollox box
the oil and water take quite a while to warm up to temp
pressure should be around 3 - 4 bar on start lower when hot
the bar rises with the revs
and your oil gage is correct to rum for 30 secs or so