PDA

View Full Version : Another Problem with the hybrid!

JonnyK
10-01-2008, 07:50
Lol, just as I get this car back on the road it is breaking on me already, I would sell it if it wasn't so fun to drive when it does work!

anyways!

first of all the car will start up 3 times out of 4 then after 1 minute of driving if you turn the car off then on again, it wont start! like it is out of petrol! but has a full tank!

also, as of the other day, the car is misfiring (i think), was fine all saturday night, then on sunday morning it feels very slow! the engine sounds a bit tappy and scooby like and it doesnt rev up quickly at all , when floored it takes ages to work your way up the revs!

i have changed
the dizzy cap, rotor arm

have ordered
new leads, new coilpack

today
i am checking gearbox earth and checking ECU, buying a new fuel filter, checking injector leads (injectors are fine, just had them back from injector cleaning company)

any ideas guys!? I hate this car sometimes!

drsmith1979
10-01-2008, 12:50
checked the iscv? given it a clean? lambda? i.e had your emissions checked? coolant temp sensor?

could be any of them lol, however, with it being extra cold and wet lately i would check the coolant temp sensor and the ecu for damp

number1
10-01-2008, 12:57
Injector plugs would be my first port of call, mine was doing similar a couple weeks back, thought it was dodgy fuel, also i had a problem with the ecu, it was getting wet and the aluminium casing had corroded, it kept cutting out, wouldnt rev but would tick over... i took the ecu out and hoovered the circuit board out, im guessing that there was little bits of dust (corrosion) dancing around on the ecu...